A leading FinTech scale-up are looking for an outstanding Senior Security Operations Engineer to join their growing and hugely successful team.
This business is in growth mode and therefore need people who like to get stuck in across a range of areas. You will be an experienced Security Operations Engineer with a strong technical grounding and a healthy appetite for scripting and automation. This isn’t a Dev role however you will need 2 – 3 years working with Python/Ruby/Java to be comfortable in this environment.
As an SME you’ll be used to dealing with event data, incident response, tooling, and automation aiming to ensure that the ops engineers in house are able to focus on threat hunts, malware detection and keeping the place secure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and maintenance of security event monitoring tooling
- Using open source intelligence to investigate live and identify future potential threats
- Building out the security incident management and forensics capabilities across the team
- Access Controls, IAM & PAM
- Vulnerability management and triage
- Detection & Response process for Incidents – Playbook Development, best practice
- Building tooling that enables speed scale and accuracy
- Writing, and managing indicator of compromise queries
- Responding to, triaging, and investigating potential incidents across laptops, servers, network devices, and cloud systems
- Performing and automating in-house network and host security testing
- Managing third-party penetration tests
- Acting as incident manager and running interactions with external incident response and forensics teams in the event of a major incident
- Implementing security orchestration and automation on top of existing solutions
- Demonstrable SecOps background
- Writing and triaging production security alerts against large data sets using Splunk Enterprise Security
- AWS, Linux containers, and common services hardening
- IAM/PAM – Okta and authentication integration via OAuth, SAML, and LDAP
- Host policy automation utilising Jamf for OSX and Microsoft Group Policy Objects
- Ideally some software engineering experience
- 2+ years of scripting/coding (Python, Java, Ruby etc)
- Ideally some experience in Red Team/Blue Team/Purple team
- You many have knowledge of security compliance standards and regulations including the GDPR/Data protection
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the biggest and best Fintech success stories of recent times, they are a great employer who look after their people fostering culture first and foremost. If you’re up for the challenge send through an application.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.