BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers complex projects to international customers around the world. We are currently recruiting for programmes in the UK, Middle East and Asia Pac regions. We deliver complex, world leading capabilities in Cyber Security and require highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic individuals in a variety of roles across our delivery teams.
This Senior Project Manager role will be responsible for the delivery of a large and complex system analytics development project within a larger programme. You will work with our engineering communities to design, deliver and gain acceptance of the technical solution, as well as managing key subcontracts and engaging with our customer at the highest levels.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with core product development teams to take requirements through from elaboration to acceptance
- Building relationships with senior customers and delivery partners
- Managing infrastructure and subcontract dependencies
- Creating new development teams, developing their ways of working and shaping them into high performing delivery teams
- Completing to a high standard all required company delivery assurance activities
- Working with the Business Management team to ensure resource needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- All cost account activities such as delegating and tracking budgets against actuals for development work packages and creating Earned Value Management metrics to report into the wider programme
- Ensuring engineering and delivery alignment with the wider programme
- Creating and maintaining a schedule for this work package, including variance analysis and return to green plans
- Identifying and monitoring delivery risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect the project.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of managing large development projects with multiple non-geographically located development teams using Agile processes
- Experience in the test and acceptance of large, complex, software delivery projects
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with customer and delivery partners
- Self-starter who is able to deal with complexity and uncertainty in a large programme
- Experience in scheduling, risk and issue management, cost account management and EVM
- Willingness to travel internationally on business trips or short-term assignments
- Experience delivering to an international customer
- Previous experience in delivering complex cyber security solutions
- Previous experience in managing subcontractors
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.