BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers complex projects to international customers around the world. We are currently recruiting for programmes in the UK, Middle East and Asia Pac regions. We deliver complex, world leading capabilities in Cyber Security and require highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic individuals in a variety of roles across our delivery teams.
This Senior Project Manager role will be responsible for the management and delivery of a large and complex education, training and awareness delivery project with multiple components. You will work as part of the wider programme delivery team to plan, deliver and manage the delivery of a large sub-contract as part of an international development and integration programme. You will work with the supplier and a team of project managers and engineers contributing to the overall business delivery strategy. You will need sub-contract management and project delivery experience gained delivering large, complex projects in waterfall and agile delivery methodologies.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibility for consolidating, documenting and managing the components of the project Control Account (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues, and quality).
- Responsible for the assigned scope of the project control account within the programme Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of the Control Account Plan including earned value management, project financial controls, conducting formal cost and schedule variance analysis and developing plans required to recover schedule or cost variances.
- Creating Earned Value Management metrics to report into the wider programme
- Responsible for identifying and managing project change, and processing change requests for changes to budget, schedule or technical scope within the control account scope.
- Building relationships with senior customers, delivery partners and the internal programme management team.
- Managing and delivering project and subcontract dependencies, on time.
- Completing to a high standard all required company LCM assurance activities
- Working with the Operations function to ensure resource needs are met to time and budget.
- Ensuring engineering and delivery alignment with the wider programme
- Creating and maintaining a schedule for this work package, including variance analysis and return to green plans
- Identifying and monitoring programme risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect the project (control account).
What we’re looking for
- A self-starter who is able to deal with complexity and uncertainty in a large programme
- Experience of managing large international sub-contracts and suppliers
- Experience delivering scope for infrastructure and development projects, including definition, design, implementation, test and acceptance
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with customers and delivery partners
- Experience in scheduling, risk and issue management, cost account management and EVM
- Experience in sourcing decisions, evaluation, and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with suppliers.
- Experience managing contractual scope with a supplier, an understanding of best practise in monitoring Subcontractors via KPI’s and communicating subcontract and procurement status to stakeholders.
- Experience in working within a Programme Management assurance framework (s)
- Willingness to travel internationally on business trips and short-term assignments is essential.
- Experience delivering projects with a significant development and education content
- Experience delivering to an international customer
- Previous experience in delivering cyber security
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.