KPMG has been acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in the provision of cyber security consultancy. We are investing to building out our Corporates cyber consulting team to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest companies in the world.
We help out clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to privacy, fraud, risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation.
At KPMG we are looking for a Manager who lives and breathes hacking and information security. You will have earned your stripes doing CHECK work in data centres and be ready to, or already skilled in leading teams of talented testers.
In return we will provide some of the UK’s most unique government and commercial engagements for you to cut your teeth on and a friendly, passionate team to develop and grow.
The KPMG’s Cyber Defence (CDS) Team conducts client facing technical assurance and penetration testing and has a long and successful history in KPMG. Our clients are diverse and we cover many sectors with particular specialisms in Financial Services, High-end Defence Assurance and Telecommunications. We work closely with the NCSC developing new schemes such as Cross Domain Solutions Testing (https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/ncsc-cross-domain-industry-pilot-stage-2) and are members of all current NCSC and CREST testing schemes – as a result we conduct interesting and challenging work that isn’t on offer elsewhere.
Our team is made up of skilled individuals at different stages in their careers, centred around three locations in Leeds, Bristol and London, therefore we are able to offer flexibility in base location, as well as embracing remote working.
As this is a senior role, we want your business brain as well as your technical hacking skills. You will have ideas of how to drive the business forward, and be skilled in the commercial aspects of security testing, above all you will know what clients are looking for when they buy security testing and how to deliver it.
Aspects of the role include:
• Delivery of testing and the oversight of junior testers
• Peer review of deliverables (QA)
• Knowledge sharing
• Continuous development of self, including gaining client feedback.
• Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG.
• Developing an understanding of KPMG’s broader offerings
• Contributing to proposals and participating in client presentations.
Experience and Background
• Passion for Hacking!
• Clear and demonstrable understanding of penetration testing and red-teaming including NCSC and CREST accredited schemes.
• Proven experience of successfully delivering testing
• Proven experience working within the UK cyber security industry
• Demonstrable understanding and practical application of information security principles
• Strong technical background in computing, networks, and programming.
• Proven experience of producing high quality deliverables working alone and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• A genuine interest and desire to work with large multi-national clients in the information security field.
• Knowledge of NCSC CTAS and CPA Assurance Schemes
• Knowledge of working in secure environments (List X facilities) and accredited labs (ISO17025)
• Research and Development experience
• Threat Intelligence experience
• Application testing experience
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications are a good way to demonstrate knowledge but are not the be all and end all, our team is made up of a large number of individuals with diverse backgrounds who all share the “hacker mindset”.
If you have the experience then we want you to apply. Didn’t do a degree in information security? A-Levels weren’t as good as you hoped. Haven’t attended every SANS course going, we don’t mind!
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients (including the UK Government) with their cyber security challenges. In return, we are committed to helping you enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG network.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.