Our client base is facing into the Energy Transition, and this is reflected in increased demand for support in evaluating and improving operational processes, market-, credit-, environmental- and compliance- risk management frameworks, particularly in relation to the emerging carbon asset class. We deliver those capabilities in a wide range of project scenarios from Merger and Acquisition Due Diligence, operational transformation, risk and regulatory advisory, internal audit (as subject matter experts) and forensic investigation, focusing always on wholesale traded physical and financial commodity markets.
The Commodity and Carbon Trading Solutions team is looking for a Senior Manager to focus on the carbon markets, create commercial demand and deliver carbon trading expertise for operational, risk and regulatory propositions delivered in a wide range of project scenarios. Examples of typical work in this space may be:
- Risk framework design and operating model gap analysis for market, credit, operational and compliance risks, implementation advice, due diligence, ongoing assurance and remediation.
- Support of supra-national institutions and industry working groups in understanding issues and trades in global commodities markets.
- Strategic and management consulting to drive value, efficiency and operating model transformation.
- Regulatory impact assessment, gap analysis, due diligence, implementation advice, ongoing assurance and remediation (regulation in these markets relates to market structure and integrity, reporting, conduct etc).
- Assistance with regulatory interaction pursuant to the above, including enforcement.
3.1. Leadership & Management:
As a Senior Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery work on smaller engagements / workstreams on larger engagements (up to ~10 team members) on a day-to-day basis, and to participate in our community of career coaches and mentors.
3.2. Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
As day-to-day team lead you will be responsible for daily client interaction and to support the Engagement Leader in performing the engagement risk management tasks associated with each project, liaising with KPMG colleagues on staffing, engagement risk management and managing client expectations. Our team members also take influential roles in multi-disciplinary projects, working with our specialist Legal, Cyber, Internal Audit, and tax specialists to deliver what we call “Connected Consulting” and transformational advice.
3.3. Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
The Commodity and Carbon Trading Solutions team deals with the world’s largest commodities and carbon traders, typically delivering client projects sponsored at National, European or Global Head/C-Suite level in the front office, risk management, legal, compliance, and COO functions.
Commodities and carbon trading perspectives are increasingly recognised as a critical element of understanding and delivery for not only Energy and Natural Resources (oil, gas, power, metals, mining) sector clients, but also of our Industrial Manufacturing, Consumer Markets Retail and Leisure clients too as they seek value and look to deliver decarbonsiation strategies as well as mitigate risks in their global supply chain.
As a Senior Manager you will be expected to operate independently when working on multidisciplinary teams led by other specialisms, and to develop client relationship and collaborate with colleagues to deepen networks and deliver the strength of the network on each of your engagements.
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in energy and commodities trading covering front-to-back process understanding, and a detailed knowledge of carbon and environmental products and markets.
- Experience of leading business development activity, developing business cases, and selling new opportunities.
- Commodities Trading and Risk Management systems and processes.
4.2. Expertise / Technical role requirements
- We value professional qualifications. Successful candidates may have one or more of the following (and we would support investment in further professional development):
- ACA experience in an audit specialism
- GARP qualifications in risk management
- Masters in Business Administration or quantitative Finance.
- PRINCE2, PMI or other project- or change-management qualification.
- In addition to your qualifications we value hands-on practical knowledge of real-world trading and risk management (preferably commodities) business processes and familiarity with the operating model of clients in this sector.
- Successful candidates will be skilled in written and verbal communications, particularly creating of engaging client documents including proposals and formal written reports in a range of advisory and assurance styles.
- Familiarity with basic project management artefacts and processes will also be expected (charter, plan, risks, issues, dependencies etc).
- The ability to manage and deliver against potentially conflicting pressures of multiple projects, project scope and timelines, while maintain delivery quality and managing client and KPMG engagement leadership expectations is key.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.