The Senior Machinist:
This role will be responsible for the manufacture of aircraft interior parts including seating and galley components. This technical role will work alongside other senior machinists.
Within this role, the senior machinist needs to monitor and verify quality of manufactured parts, in accordance with drawing specification, internal processes and controls.
Role and responsibilities:
- Manufacturing of components by adhering to engineering drawings, using a variety of machines, such as: Mazak, Bridgeports and Belotti.
- As an experienced CNC setter, they must be capable of producing an off line program.
- Continuous checking of manufactured parts, to ensure all products are produced to drawing tolerance.
- Working within a team off 11 employees, within a pressurised environment; dictated by Aircraft on Ground (AOG) customer requests.
- Play a supportive role through a continuous improvement initiative working towards 5S.
- Perform regular Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) on the machinery and ensure that all machines are in good working order.
- Complete daily work load, which may include working to tight deadlines but still maintaining the highest of standards.
- Adhere to health and safety standards at all times.
- Reporting any quality concerns to their immediate supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge in setting and operating CNC milling machines (essential)
- Experience of Mazak CNC machinery (desirable)
- Fanuc controls and internal software program (desirable)
- Having previously worked in an environment to follow work instructions/ procedures (desirable)
- Experience of making simple alterations to the programme from an inspection report (essential)
- The ability to work as part of a team and a lone worker (essential)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.