Open Society Foundation
Senior IT Security Specialist
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your knowledge of IT Security Infrastructure management and operations? We are seeking a Senior IT Security Specialist based in Berlin, Germany to help us protect our IT systems and data from cyberattacks and to maintain a proactive cyber defense posture by actively maintaining and deploying a cutting-edge technology solution stack in the face of evolving cyber threats.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Information Technology Department provides technology centered services and capability to engage the Open Society Foundations to achieve its mission.
As a Senior IT Security Specialist at Open Society, you will:
- Administer, maintain, and periodically upgrade IT Security infrastructure with a focus on EU Regional offices;
- Configure, install and administer firewalls, proxies and other network and endpoint security and related networking equipment;
- Maintain and operate Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems, enforce security policies and controls based on direction from the CISO;
- Operate and manage email security gateways and email authentication, message threat analysis, fraud prevention policies and controls;
- Review and analyze security events and alerts (SIEM); identify security incidents and take corrective actions as well as function as a part of an Incident Response Team;
- Monitor and support endpoint security threat detention technologies to identify and quarantine threats;
- Plan, Implement, and deploy new security solutions and security policies.
What we are looking for:
- 5-10 Years of Experience in Information Security or IT OPS management and systems administration with at least 3 years specific to IT security;
- Degree in Computers, Technology, or related field;
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, URL filters and VPNs administration and troubleshooting with solid knowledge of firewall technologies such as NAT, VPN and IPSEC, RADIUS, TLS protocols;
- Working experience with email security gateways, advanced mail routing and message authentication (such as SPF, DKIM, DMARC); Proofpoint email security stack knowledge preferred;
- Advanced experience managing and supporting Identity and Access Management products, as well with expertise in authentication deployment and management of SSO and cloud provisioning systems. Working knowledge of OAUTH, SAML; Familiarity with Okta products a plus;
- Excellent analytical, end to end troubleshooting, and networking skills. Working knowledge of network switching routing and Cisco products and routing protocols;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism and social justice;
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV via our website by clicking on the apply button; we look forward to learning more about you.
Closing date: 30 July 2021.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.