Summary of Role:
The Senior Information Assurance (IA) Engineer is a critical role within the National Security Cyber (NSC) mission area of the Cyber, Space and Training business unit. This role supports the business in a constructive way, always offering the required assurances to both business and customer whilst providing innovative solutions to risk-based problems.
Reporting to the Lead Information Assurance Consultant, you will be responsible for ensuring programme information assets are protected through policy, procedural and technical enhancements. You will be comfortable working in a matrix management organisation, you will act as the trusted advisor to the programme by ensuring industry best practice and customer security requirements are implemented with regards to IA, cyber security and risk management. You will be able to lead small consultancy engagements based on clear direction and provide an evidential report to summarise your findings.
- Solid risk management experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HMG Security Policy Framework, ISO 27001 and NIST controls.
- Collaboration in the create new policy and procedure in new environments.
- Experience or knowledge of Supply Chain Security management.
- Knowledge of or a qualification in Cloud Security or architecture.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork – able to constructively challenge.
- Problem management and/or ITIL experience.
- Competencies in security awareness and education programmes.
- BSc. Information Security or 3+ years’ experience in a programme security environment.
- Professional Information Security certifications in at least one of the following (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CRISC).
- DV clearance, or the willingness and ability to become DV cleared.
- Strong communication (i.e. oral, presentation and written) skills.
- Highly organised, discrete, outcome focussed, with a “can do” attitude.
- Passion for Information Security and continuous learning.
- Prior experience in consultancy projects.
- Enjoys working within a fast-paced environment.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.