Role: Senior HR Advisor
Dept: HR Advisory Team
Reporting to: Assistant Manager, HR Advisory Team
Role and person overview
Working in the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business. You will act as the key contact point for all HR matters for People Leaders (PL’s) in your business area, taking ownership of all employee relations cases of varying complexity.
You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor. You will work with the HR Business Partners and wider HRAT to deliver HR calendar activities and support strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the People function to provide a seamless and first class HR service.
As a member of the HR Advisory team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times and be seen as a role model to your client groups and team. As a Senior Advisor you will be expected to use your initiate and take the lead during key calendar activities and team discussions; this includes supporting your HRAT Assistant Manager and providing additional guidance and support to your HR Advisor colleagues, to ensure any of the key deliverables are met.
Roles and responsibilities
- Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including clients in the business, the HR Business Partner teams and the Centres of Excellence (CoEs);
- Proactively work to up-skill performance managers (PMs) and PLs in HR matters;
- Work as part of a virtual team with the HR Business Partner Teams and Centres of Excellence to deliver excellent client service.
- Resolve straightforward and complex people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate;
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
- Have a good degree of competency in applying employment law, keeping up to date with changes and legal advancements.
- Support PLs with HR policy and process e.g. Intelligent working requests, relocation;
- Advise on disciplinary, grievance and performance issues – including exam training failures;
- Design and draft non-standard correspondence;
- Evidence an advanced degree of absence management knowledge. Providing advice to performance managers (PMs), PLs and Partners and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences – including OH referrals. Coach PMs and PLs on return to work conversations;
- Be the expert point of contact for PMs and PLs for Performance Management issues. Support the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
- Coach and support PMs and PLs on the performance management process and approaches to give difficult messages;
- Understand, support and educate the business on correctly managing redundancies and forced exits.
- Scribe for disciplinary/grievance panel meetings.
- Build overview and demonstrate a good understanding of the entire S&B review; including the budgetary process; the firm’s reward philosophy; and the numerous roles of leadership, the Compensation team, HRBPs, PLs and HRAT throughout the various stages of the process.
- Produce timely management information to inform salary and bonus decisions;
- Assist with surveying and benchmarking of salaries against internal and external comparators;
- Advise the business on the principles and the core business wide approach to be applied to salary and bonus review;
Resourcing and Talent Management
- Advise on administration processes for opportunity led and annual promotions.
- Manage co-ordination of the promotion selection process;
- Work closely with PLs and Recruitment team to identify solutions to resourcing needs, contributing where possible to a smooth candidate experience.
- Evidence some understanding of succession and pipeline planning including building development plans, setting goals and adhering to budget within their relevant business area.
- Conduct exit interviews where requested;
- Work closely with People Information team to respond to requirements for management information including staff movements, recruitment rates, KPIs, talent and exit analysis;
- Add value to management information by providing analysis and executive summary;
- Review information to identify any trends and identify actions where appropriate.
- Have the ability to present this information in a user friendly and professional format
Contributing to HRAT and the People function
- Coach less experienced colleagues and new joiners on key policies, processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate;
- Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player;
- Manage workload and own diary, delegating where necessary
- Take part in and contribute to both functional and KPMG wide projects;
- Take on a ‘champion’ role within HRAT and use this to drive best practice and share knowledge in this field;
- Adhere to SLAs and KPIs where appropriate, ensuring that real demonstrable value is being added to the business from HRAT;
- Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of HRAT work and own personal development.
- Assisting with the interview and selection process within the HR Advisory Team.
Qualifications and skills
It is expected that you will be CIPD or part CIPD qualified or have the desire to study for the CIPD qualification. In addition you will:
- Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and external to KPMG
- Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
- Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Have a proven ability in coaching
- Have strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge senior colleagues
- Demonstrate creative thinking and an innovative approach to projects / tasks.
- Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.
Experience and Background
You will be able to demonstrable experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by a minimum of three years’ experience in a fast moving, responsive HR team.
You will be expected to progress at the same pace as the Firm and the evolutions within HR.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.