Senior Full Stack Developer (Python/ReactJS)
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
About The Team
Our mission at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that our customers can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At our Malaysian Global Delivery Centre we work with clients from around the world to deliver engineering services and products to meet their digital needs.
We are looking for a candidate to work as a senior full stack developer in an agile development team. You will work in a product team creating reporting and investigative tooling to support our cyber threat analysts in their work researching the latest threats to business and governments.
What you will be doing:
- Knowledge of programming design patterns and ability to architect technically sound solutions
- Analysing requirements to produce relevant software designs
- In-charge of development improvement planning
- Implementation of python code with suitable unit tests
- Mentoring junior software developers
- Supporting high level estimation and planning activities follow Agile software methodologies
- Supporting data ingestion and performance tuning of an Elasticsearch solution
- Deploying solutions on Azure based Kubernetes infrastructure
- Debugging issues raised by the client and test teams to ensure swift resolution
- Providing technical guidance to the QA team regarding automated testing
- At least 8 years’ experience in a development role
- A leader who can support and mentor junior developers to maximise team results
- Experience with common development tools such as Git, Maven, Docker, Webpack
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience of working in an Agile development team
- Experience with ReactJS, Redux and React Hooks
- Experience with Django or FastAPI
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of Azure cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.