This role is initially home based and will then be based in Guildford, Surrey, with travel to Bournemouth as required. Guildford is only 35mins direct train line from London Waterloo
Are you experienced in Security Operations, with a passion for cyber incident management, detection and response, and looking for a new role in a growing team – fantastic, we have something that might pique your interest!
At Allianz, we are at an exciting and pivotal moment following the acquisition of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, elevating us to the second biggest general insurer in the UK. As part of this growth, we are continuing to invest in Information Security, and as such, we are now looking for talented, ambitious, and passionate Information Security professionals to join us on our journey to build a ‘Best in Industry’ team which sets the gold standard within the Allianz Group.
As a Detection & Response Senior Analyst, you will be a key part of our security operations team detecting and responding to cyber-events, incidents, and working with our global teams to keep Allianz safe and secure. As a member of the Allianz UK Information Security function, you will play a key part in keeping Allianz safe and secure, have access to our training and development opportunities, as well as having access to the Allianz Group frameworks, expertise, and global opportunities.
This role would suit someone with a background in Security Operations, IT Operations, or Incident Management, who has experience of taking ownership for incidents and applying their expertise to identify and prevent attacks against Allianz and our businesses in the UK.
Reporting into the Detection & Response Manager, based in our Guildford office (with travel to Bournemouth being required occasionally) this role will:
• Lead incident response investigations through to closure
• Identify and respond to security events from security tooling and service providers
• Advise on forensic activities and chain of custody during incidents
• Work hand in glove with the Security Engineering team to aid them in implementing new technologies and tuning existing monitoring and alerting technologies
• Collaborate with the Threat Intelligent team to ensure we are assessing cyber-events in the context of known and emerging threats to Allianz
• Establish and maintain relationships across the business and Group
• Work collaboratively with the wider Information Security team
Please note: due to the urgency of the role, we will be reviewing and interviewing successful candidates before the closing date
Skills & Experience
• In-depth knowledge, with demonstrable experience, of incident response management
• Technical understanding of cyber security incidents, attack vectors, kill chains, and how to manage a cyber-incident to resolution
• Hands on experience of forensics activities, such as image acquisition
• Expertise in cyber security tooling (SIEM, DLP, AV, Endpoint Detection, WAF, IDS/IPS etc.)
• Working knowledge of Information Security defence and intelligence frameworks (i.e. MITRE ATT&CK)
• Working knowledge of cloud environments, and cloud based security services / tools
• Experience of continually maturing key documentation and processes, such as playbooks and incident response processes
• Experience in nurturing and developing peers to upskill a team and drive maturity of incident response and detection and response capabilities within an organisation
• Able to translate Information Security and IT risk language into business language
• Able to build and main relationships and influence key stakeholders across the business
• A creative and analytical mind with good customer interfacing and excellent communications skills
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including retail discounts and insurance cover – so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
• Retail discounts
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at [email protected]
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.