UK017-Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Senior Design Engineer, Electrical to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
- This role will suit either 2D and/or 3D designers. Responsibilities and experience required will differ depending upon the candidate’s career background.
- The team based in LB is made up of 5 team members and there is a support team of 30 designers based in the Philippines
- The role is reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Electrical Design Lead
- There are opportunities to progress in the business and training relevant to personal and business goals will be provided to support personal growth
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants. This role is deemed to be a hybrid position with a combination of office and home working.
- Creating/ checking wiring diagrams using Zuken e3 Software.
- Creating/ checking electrical installations using Catia V5 Software.
- Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines and in service to reduce disruption.
- Analyse equipment and conducts experimental tests to establish operating data.
- Prepares, reviews, design documentation, or operational reports and charts to ensure that progress and performance can be tracked.
- Performs engineering duties including manufacturing planning and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus to ensure that projects are completed on-time and as per the defined goals.
- Create/ define requirements for new/ updated electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoots electrical device problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Participate in internal/ external design reviews on new products/ systems.
- Participate in technical discussions with the customer to introduce new products/ procedures and modify existing ones.
Experience and Skills
- Competent user of the incumbent Zuken e3 Software or other Wiring Diagram creation software or competent user of the incumbent CAD software Catia V5 or similar (Nx, Solidworks).
- Competent user of the data management system Teamcentre or equivalent (SmarTeam etc).
- A working knowledge of the principle of electrical installation and systems integration and design.
- Experience working with aircraft electrical systems
- Experience of dealing with new product development and specification.
- A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture of electrical and components and assemblies.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organisation, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organisation that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as a healthcare cashback scheme. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.