My client, a boutique fund and corporate services firm are looking for their first senior data protection hire, with the plan for them to become DPO within 12 months.
You will –
- Be a subject matter expert for data privacy enquiries from data subjects, clients and the wider business;
- Effectively partner and collaborate with the business (including IT, HR, Compliance and Legal) on data privacy matters, building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, business contacts and senior stakeholders;
- Act as the primary contact for, and maintain engagement with, relevant national data protection authorities on behalf of the firm
- Lead the response to any data privacy regulatory on-site reviews, internal audits or other requests for information.
- Act as the lead for data privacy projects, driving them to completion and ensuring that all deadlines are met and that deliverables are of a high quality;
- Work with data owners to identify and evaluate the personal data processing activities to ensure they comply with the DP Regulations and are appropriately controlled;
- Undertake data privacy impact assessments and provide advice and recommendations to senior management to develop data privacy processes and controls;
- Implement a monitoring programme to oversee compliance with the DP Regulations and data protection policies and procedures;
- Act as the lead for the investigation and assessment of personal data breaches including ensuring that personal data breaches are appropriately remediated and responded to;
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate initiative, to negotiate, influence, build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding environment
- A detailed understanding of DP Regulations and prior experience with data privacy compliance within a regulated environment
- Proven experience of developing and taking ownership for a data privacy framework
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.