Harlow, Gloucester, or Manchester
Summary of Role
- Raytheon UK is seeking a
within the Raytheon UK Intelligence & Space sector
. The role
will focus on evolving Raytheon
capabilities in optimising Defence and Security data integration and exploitation.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Hands-on experience designing, creating, building, and operating complex software systems.
- Strong experience with modern software and data engineering approaches and best practices.
- Able to tailor written and verbal communication to a wide range of audiences including technical authors, customers,
and public events.
- Work with autonomy, able to build trusted relationships and rapidly establish a reputation for enthusiasm, delivery and reliability.
Supportive and collaborative
- Must be able to demonstrate clear examples of providing support to team members and colleagues
- Track record of creating a collaborative working ethos within a team or organisation.
Resilient and driven
- Must be able to stay goal focused, regardless of blockers, obstacles, or wider issues both in personal work and within the wider team.
Willingness to learn and work across boundaries
- Ability to work in new disciplines as a non-expert within expert teams is essential.
- Willingness and energy to learn new topics, new concepts and new skills
in order to
facilitate collaboration and solve problems.
Core Technical Skills
- A good understanding of the Data Lifecycle and the activities at each stage.
- Strong Data Modelling skills, using any appropriate tool.
- Awareness of data schema types such as Transactional and Star schemas.
- Experience of working with both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Understanding of RDBMS, either traditional Oracle, MS SQL etc. or Cloud equivalents and Key/Pair data stores.
- Data manipulation language skills,
SQL or HiveQL.
- Knowledge of ETL tools and techniques and preparation approaches such as Map Reduce.
- Good basic understanding of at least one of AWS or Azure Cloud environments, architectures and tooling.
- Deep understanding of the standard data science toolset including Python,
, Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic and the wider Hadoop eco-system.
- Good knowledge of pipeline orchestrations tools and techniques including
, Apache Airflow, Luigi and
- Strong knowledge of Containerisation and Orchestration tools including but not limited to Docker & Kubernetes.
- Understanding of
/DevOps best practices.
roblem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Preferably Current DV
Your professional achievements must demonstrate:
- Experience creating and deploying production-grade Big Data workloads in a Hadoop eco-system (either on-prem or public cloud)
- Experience with provisioning and co-ordinating virtual machines using VMWare or Microsoft Hypervisors
- Proven ability to create software artefacts using modern software engineering best practices where appropriate
Raytheon UK welcomes individuals with a broad range of experiences, diverse careers and technical qualifications. Such diversity of thought is an asset, and as such, broad career experience is valuable:
- Professional data science certifications (
Cloudera Data Scientist) or other technologies.
- Experience with GPU and FPGA configurations.
- Experience working in the Defence and National Security domain, in particular direct experience working with UK Government customers.
- Evidence of proactive self-development and self-directed learning such as Cloud certification.
- A team player, co-operative and positive.
- Methodical, with attention to detail.
- A Finisher – who delivers what he commits to do, resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Energy and Drive.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Staying Power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.