Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Are you an ambitious or aspiring Senior Cyber Security Analyst looking for a new challenge?
Camden Council is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study, and visit. Because we are not just home to UK’s fast-growing economy, we are home to the most important conversations happening today. We are making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. Here is where you can shape and influence a better future for us all.
A key part of our Digital and Data Services (DDS) department, our Technology Service provides secure, innovative, efficient, and scalable technology solutions that empower our Staff and our Citizens. We are a team of collaborators and knowledge sharers working in an agile, fast-paced environment.
As a Senior Cyber Security Analyst, you will support the Security Operations team by being responsible for the ongoing monitoring, analysis and response to alerts generated by the various security systems such as Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) and Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDPS).
You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and improvements to the security controls of the organisation and conduct administrative changes to Camden’s security systems, responding to requests from Camden colleagues and partners while ensuring adherence to expected SLAs.
- Demonstrable understanding of DLP, SIEM, EDR, IDS/IPS, and O365 cloud-based platforms
- Knowledge and experience deploying, implementing, testing, and hardening security platforms
- Knowledge and experience utilising script to automate various tasks
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, MS Active Directory, Azure, Palo Alto, MS OS
- Knowledge and experience with content filtering, monitoring, and reviewing security system logs, protocol analysis, cloud access policies, email protection (anti-spam, anti-phishing), vulnerability scanning and management, creating and maintaining playbook and detection use cases
- A solid understanding of security and network protocols (firewalls, Routing, DNS, NAT, packet trace) and working in a modern agile delivery environment (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
Camden Council are looking for candidates who want to further their career, alongside delivering great services for residents. As an employer of choice, Camden Council, offer an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package up to £60,000 dependent on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave entitlement plus 4 extra days after 5 years of continuous service taking you to 30 days. There is also an option to buy additional annual leave!
- Competitive Local Government pension scheme
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees with a strong flexible working culture
Hays Technology have been retained by Camden Council to manage the recruitment of this role. For all enquiries, please contact Michael Arnold at Hays Technology.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.