Your new company
Our client is a forward-thinking organisation based in Edinburgh that very much operate a fast-paced and every changing environment. Their ethos of making a difference runs throughout the organisation, and with numerous achievements in customer service excellence, training and personal development sits central to their value proposition together with first-class career opportunities.
Your new role
You will be a subject expert in the field of cyber security and will work closely with staff and managers to provide comprehensive support and guidance to them and the wider organisation. Your remit will cover primarily hands on technical aspects of cyber security related monitoring, vulnerability management, software assessment and incident response. You may have direct line management responsibility for a small number of posts. Promoting best practice in cyber security you will ensure that our client’s policy and procedures maintain quality assurance levels of a high standard. Main aspects of this role will include the following:
- responsible for day-to-day monitoring of security indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of security provision
- responsible for day-to-day Vulnerability Management, bringing technical expertise and acting as an escalation point to ensure overall exposure to vulnerabilities is reduced
- recognise and respond to digital information security incidents, and to work to limiting likelihood and impact of occurrence
- undertake activities under other cyber security related services, including reviewing permissions and carrying out routine assessments for example of new software
- be aware of and support compliance with relevant legislation, policies, standards and procedures in cyber security, for example the Data Protection Act 2018, and the Scottish Cyber Resilience Framework
- use your judgement to make risk based decisions recognising when to act and when to escalate
- support submitting responses regulatory and accrediting bodies
Ideally, you will have an IT or related degree underpinned with CISMP, CISSP or technical certifications such as MCSE or CCNA. An ability to look at the bigger picture and questions purpose and values with a keen eye for detail will see you stand out.
You will have a natural ability to deal with important and sensitive information appropriately and understand how traffic flow, security control work identifying potential weaknesses.
What you’ll get in return
This organisation offer a competitive salary and a great range of public sector benefits including government pension scheme. Joining the digital team as they expand significantly and work through a period of exciting transformation, this organisation will also offer you the chance to progress and develop your career within the cyber security environment.
What you need to do now If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.