BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Our mission as the Commercial Team is to provide trusted advice, expertise and resources that enable the business to win and deliver successful contracts and grow a sustainable and valued business for BAE Systems Applied Intelligence and our customers. We are looking for passionate people to join the Commercial team who are looking for an exciting career in this fast growing industry.
As a Senior Commercial Officer you will be a key player in providing Commercial services, support and implementation of strategy to meet the needs of our fast-paced business and customers. This role will primarily support contractual arrangements and obligations in the UK. The focus of your role will be to facilitate the transaction of good business throughout the full sales lifecycle, from sales through to contract conclusion. You will have the opportunity to lead proposals, contracts and changes, supporting discussions with varied customers. Collaborating with your commercial colleagues, you will be able to participate in more complex opportunities, helping to shape the agreements we negotiate, influence the price build-up and then see through the execution of commercial planning, shaping their requirements. You will be providing advice, understanding of processes, and knowledge.
A Senior Commercial Officer is a vital conduit between stakeholders. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will be developing and maintaining customer commercial relationships. With robust stakeholder relationships you will be co-ordinating actions, influencing the price build-up, and drawing together the knowledge of other areas including Client Account Management, Bid Services, Legal, and Project-specific teams.
This role can be based from our Guildford or Great Baddow however the role can be predominantly remove / home based with travel to the office on average one or two days per week. We are also committed to considering other locations and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be doing
- Acting as a customer interface for proposals and contractual matters
- Provide guidance on commercial issues and internal governance
- Preparing proposals, contract changes and claims
- Assisting with the negotiation and closing of contracts
- Contract management activities and guidance throughout the opportunity lifecycle, including managing Commercial requirements, deliverables and performance of specified contracts at all phases
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities, and devise appropriate mitigations
- Proactively engaging other functions to enhance the Commercial solution
- Working with Procurement to leverage the supply base
- Developing and applying product/service knowledge, customer knowledge and market intelligence
- Influencing the price build-up
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of legal issues, profitability requirements, contract structure, terms and conditions, sub-contract considerations, funding and payment plans
- Knowledge of varied types of contracts, and in particular those of the UK MoD
- Ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities, and ability to devise a flexible range of mitigations
- Ability to forge good working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Maturity to work with senior levels of clients and internal stakeholders
- Contract drafting experience
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.