BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for business analyst for our International Government projects and product development.
The role is to work closely with internal and external clients to investigate business situations, and then identify and evaluate options for improvements to systems and operations. The business analyst should apply appropriate techniques (requirements management, process improvement, functional analysis, etc) to define, manage and support implementation of effective solutions to business issues.
You will join the multicultural global team, helping us shaping our product family roadmap.
- Leads and mentor the team of Buisness Analysts
- Leads the client engagement for specific areas of work
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective workshops
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Effectively plan and manage the requirements process from capture through to change control
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration
- Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration
- Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to baselined requirements
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience within the IT industry in a BA client-facing role.
- Client-facing experience is essential including delivering presentations and product demonstrations, running workshops and managing client’s expectations
- Experience of delivering complex business or technology solutions, from gathering requirements to designing solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate confidently and effectively at any level of the organisation.
- An understanding of compliance processes and workflows within the financial services industry advantageous
- Experience of software development lifecycle practices (preferably Agile)
- Good knowledge of IT systems, architectures and terminology
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
- Any Business Analysis framework certifications would be a plus
About our team
You’ll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance and are open on flexible working. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it.
More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We’re a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You’ll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We’re passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you’ll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/solutions/by-industry/national-security-and-law-enforcement
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Commercial Solutions
BAE Systems has been in the business of protecting some of the world’s most important assets and networks for over 100 years. We apply the same techniques, intelligence and strategy used in defending nations and governments to businesses as well. That’s us – Commercial Solutions – a division of BAE Systems that specializes in providing businesses around the globe with the products and services they need to stay protected in today’s connected world.
We offer a broad portfolio of on premise, managed and cloud-based products and services that are proven to protect our clients against financial crime and persistent cyber attackers.
We aim to be a global industry-leading, cyber and financial crime products business and will do this by leveraging the BAE Systems brand and by delivering higher grade security solutions for our clients.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.