Senior Business Analyst
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Senior Business Analyst
We are seeking talented people to provide this subject-matter expertise to our customers and grow our existing team. These roles will be focused on providing assistance to customers seeking to protect themselves from security risks and implement new security capabilities across a variety of ICT and operational technology (OT) systems.
You are awesome. You are dedicated, skilled and knowledgeable. You are passionate about what you do and working with your team to get things done. You appreciate the freedom to work from anywhere and to be part of the national cyber mission.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required
- Investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change
- Facilitating scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required
- Identification of the most appropriate process re-engineering approach, based on matching the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches with the client’s specific circumstances
- The capture and evaluation of both ‘pain points’ and ideas for improvement, prioritising possible improvements and obtaining buy-in for an improvement plan
- Supporting client to redesign and enhance their own process design/re-engineering capability, including skills, resources, approaches, tools and techniques
- Design and management of tests of new/updated processes and specifies test environment for whole life-cycle testing (e.g. using model office concept)
- Management of selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions
- Selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative
- Building complex process maps, at a range of different levels, and communicate these effectively to a range of different audiences.
- Ensuring tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions and highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders
- Application of a range of process design and requirements management tools and techniques, including advising the client on the advantages and disadvantages of each as necessary
- Application and monitoring the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives
- Conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies
- Preparing business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks
- Identification of stakeholders and their business needs
- Obtaining formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence
- Must hold a minimum NV1 Clearance, ideally NV2 or PV, and be willing to obtain PV Clearance.
Business expertise and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have demonstrated stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrate attention to detail, be proactive and organised
- Be able to respond to setbacks in an agile and resilient manner
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.