Senior Business Analyst
This BA role will operate within the Engineering function, providing analysis and design skills. Specifically, the role will involve taking ownership of the definition and delivery of user requirements for one or more of our present and future range of significant customer delivery projects on the account.
It will also involve a significant amount of engagement with project colleagues and end customers to ensure that the resultant deliveries are fit for their intended purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for an able and ambitious individual to operate and deliver demonstrable customer value at the forefront of Raytheon’s significant Cyber delivery and investment in the UK.
Summary of Role:
The role will call on the individual to:
- Assess, plan, manage and deliver user requirements under both Agile and Waterfall frameworks
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Elicit requirements using a variety of techniques, including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to assess information needs and functional requirements and document these in suitable artefacts, e.g. functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Display strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and project delivery team.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Interact professionally and flexibly with a diverse group of stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Work closely with development team colleagues and project organisations to execute implementations to maximum effect.
- Participate actively in Integration Testing andUser Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- As a responsible individual within a busy account, it is expected that the role holder will also actively engage across account functions to support Raytheon bid opportunity qualification and the proposal response process, including technical and resource planning and estimating.
Skills & Experience
- Formal training and demonstrable experience in functional, data or BA roles, modelling business processes, end-states and solution implementations.
- Suitable tooling experience, e.g. DOORS, Atlassian suite.
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and time-boxed developments – including understanding the value of this method in relation / comparison to waterfall processes and methodologies. Being able to articulate these intelligently, with a view to leveraging techniques to provide value to the team/enterprise (e.g. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs etc).
- Strong practical experience of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Strong delivery ethos, backed up by evidence.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills. The ability to converse on both technical and non-technical levels.
- A high level of business acumen and ability to both quickly acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how these may be best satisfied.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive, self-motivated, logical and objective.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com
and search by location.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.