BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We’re growing our team! Our platform engineers help design and build applications for a range of critical public & government services and we need more passionate individuals to help that mission.
You will be working at the cutting edge of cloud technology and solutions as part of a vibrant and inclusive team that fosters positivity and development at its centre. You will work across a range of projects and services, interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders to build common platforms, tooling and processes at various stages of the software development lifecycle, in a supportive environment.
We’re agile by default and we introduce and operate practices such as continuous deployment to support live applications. We strive to create solutions that are reusable, scalable and driven by automation.
You’ll be joining a team that understands that you get the best from people by supporting and encouraging them to be themselves and by allowing creativity to flourish. We support this by empowering our teams to own a solution throughout the development lifecycle whilst providing senior engineering support. You will also be given opportunities to develop your skills through regular training and development and will be joining a community who understand the importance of knowledge sharing.
Initially you will be working remotely by default, but as we start to return to offices individual requirements can be assessed to get the balance right. We also run regular events such as team socials, virtual pub quizzes and team forums to give our teams the chance to socialise together and with the wider business.
• Support and monitor live applications
• Design, build and maintain secure cloud infrastructure
• Design, build and maintain build and release pipelines
• Manage integrations between hosting platforms and applications
• Deploy and monitor software and configuration changes
• Automate efficient working practices where possible
Desirable skills (though not essential, we are willing to upskill people who have the aptitude and desire to learn)
• Microsoft Azure, ideally their Platform as a Service offerings (App Services, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Azure Search, KeyVault etc.)
• Infrastructure as Code. Primarily (but not limited to) ARM templates
• Scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
• Building, Managing and securing C# ASP.Net web applications
• Web based authentication flows such as OAuth or SAML
• Effective source control management with Git
• Build and Release Management using Azure DevOps (VSTS) or a similar product
• An understanding of the importance of Test Driven Development and associated technologies such as NUnit, XUnit
• UI / Functional testing with Selenium
• Experience monitoring large distributed systems using technologies such as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus and tooling provided by cloud platform vendors
• Awareness and interest in technology trends to adopt new cutting-edge tools
• Past experience of working in an Agile environment
• Experience of working with other cloud environments such as AWS & Google Cloud
• Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Elastic Search
• Ruby on Rails
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.