Senior API Designer
Senior API Designer – Salary £36,500 to £55,000
We are recruiting for a Senior API Designer to join our API teams within our Digital organisation. As part of this role, you will be working within, and across, our scrum teams to design the RESTful APIs that will underpin our, and our partners’, digital applications.
We are seeking a passionate API Designer with ambitions to drive the best technology and development practices. You will have come from a strong technical background and have experience and expertise in the design of RESTful APIs and SOAP Webservices.
A bit about the job:
As a Lead API Designer you will join one of our API teams, helping to design and create an industry first API estate using cutting edge open-source tools. You’ll have exposure across the full software development lifecycle and will be working with a modern poly cloud microservices tech stack with opportunities to contribute to design decisions and technology choices.
Aviva uses “smart-working”, and the person in this role will be based in Norwich.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Experience and expertise in the design of RESTful APIs and SOAP Webservices with knowledge of the development lifecycle.
- Knowledge/experience of technologies such as Spring boot, Service mesh, Apache camel, Fuse & Java.
- Experience with API Management and Lifecycle; publishing APIs with Swagger or OpenAPI specifications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns, synchronous and asynchronous messaging techniques.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including stakeholder management to drive and influence decisions.
What you’ll get for this role:
- Starting salary between £36,500 and £55,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working -spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week – combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Abigail Aitken an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.