Job Title: Analyst, Commodity Management & Sourcing (P2)
191656BR Location(s): Hybrid working but with travel to Harlow or Glenrothes as the primary sites.
Within the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, one of the largest operating areas within the Raytheon UK business, the dynamic Commodity team are an integral part of the Supply Chain team. The Team are involved in several exciting and high-profile programmes and accountable for partnering and promoting relationship management strategies, resolving risk and challenges within the supply chain and bring material & services into Raytheon safeguarding continuity of supply, to the highest quality and deliver on time.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Commodity and Sourcing, for the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, the Senior Analyst will support Make v Buy exercises, contributes to sourcing strategies and Business Cases, selects sources, negotiates and manages supplier agreements of various types (Commodity/Service/ Consultant/ International) associated with complex supplier requirements. Liaises with suppliers at various management levels to drive improvement and resolve disputes. Contributes to Business Area and Stakeholder Functional strategies via specific commodity strategies. Manages and monitors supply chain and supports the drive for business growth, efficiency, profitability and inter-company relationships.
At Raytheon UK (RSL), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach and yours as a RSL employee.
If you think you have what it takes and want to join a dynamic organisation, then read on!
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other functions and RTX businesses and the Functional LT.
- Supports cross-functional teams in conducting Make v Buy exercises and developing and deploying commodity strategies.
- These strategies include:
- direct and indirect spend commodities,
- Target Return on Investment (ROI),
- Commodity risk management,
- Service levels, and
- Approved/preferred suppliers.
- Engages with Stakeholder Functional leads regarding supplier bid and selection criteria.
- Participates in supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Leverages commodity opportunities and synergies across RTX.
- Ensures that strategies are in alignment with market conditions, RSL requirements, goals and growth plans.
- Leverages supplier and industry capabilities in conjunction with Stakeholder functions to align functional strategies and identify gaps to link supplier capabilities with RSL requirements.
- Supporting and leading the development of Commodity Agreements
- Supporting the development and management of tenders. Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Contributes to business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Works with suppliers and functional stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering, strategic relationship management to deliver required service level KPIs
- Establishes and manages supplier relationships to include supplier continuous improvement/development goals.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to perform effectively in a multi-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills and navigate though Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Email applications
- Good presentation skills
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Related degree/ MCIPS / BA / MBA / B.Eng / M.Eng / MSc or equivalent
- Experience in Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Exposure to working in a commodity area
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating Low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement / material receipt processes
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Knowledge of import / export legislation and logistical requirements
- Awareness of ITAR
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, Raytheon Multicultural Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.