Security Systems Engineer
Your new company
This business is a thriving independent UK defence contractor specialising in the design, development, integration and through-life support of Communications and Electronic Systems. As a systems engineering house, they have a proven track record for the rapid realisation of demanding defence industry design tasks combined with high quality manufacturing
Your new role
As the Security Systems Engineer, you will be part of a multi-function engineering team providing network cyber security design, implementation and support services through practical application, technical governance, and legislative compliance in the support of project delivery.
- With a solid engineering background, you will be able to assess project cyber security and networking requirements in the field.
- The ability to integrate legacy and new systems, with a primary understanding of UK military communications systems
- Ability to maintain network infrastructure through remote management, static routes, managed switches and firewalls.
- The ability to design and implement new network solutions to improve resilience and performance.
- Able to configure Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Active Directory and Group policy
- Have a full understanding and security accreditation for UK Defence Systems, including production of RMADS, SyOPs and participation in Security Working Groups
- Provide knowledge of situational awareness systems (TAK) and Drone systems
- You will work and communicate at all levels, with internal and external stakeholders as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies
- Understand electro optical sensors, video streaming technologies and video standards (H.264 and H.265)
- Working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider multi – site team.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work across multiple projects providing effective solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Good communication skills and with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise in Networking Infrastructure – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, WAN, RDP, with remote management, static routes, managed switches (ideally CISCO trained or DELL) and firewalls.
- CCNA or CCNP Certified CISCO/Sonic Network Associate or equivalent Professional Network and Routing.
- Understanding of information exchange, interconnected networks, and network segregation
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Full driving license
What you’ll get in return
You will get to work for a company at the forefront of their industry, whilst working on projects and systems that greatly benefit the defence of the U.K. Up to £60000 salary available, dependant on experience. You will work within a confident, competent team and you will be integrating with military personnel.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.