We have a vacancy for a Security Specialist in the Aviva’s Global Red Team who develop and deliver technical attack scenarios that stress-test Aviva security decisions and drive improvement in the capability to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber events. This small team works alongside Detect and Respond teams as well as transformation projects to ensure current and future security decisions are tested and assured.
The role is supporting all aspects of the Aviva Red Team operation and development. You will conduct independent research and work with Aviva Threat Intelligence to keep abreast of current threats, attack techniques, and detection and response methods, contributing to the definition of Red Team scenarios. Individuals will lead on delivering the scenarios in practice and collaborate with colleagues across Security Operations and the CISO community worldwide on understanding scenario implications and driving remediation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading the development and execution of scenario-based technical Red Team security assessments
- Leading the development and execution of Purple Team education and effectiveness assessments
- Handling research and assurance requests from other teams
- Identification and reporting of opportunities for improvements in the tooling, team knowledge and skills, and the overall service
Skills & Experience required:
- Working knowledge of the red team engagement lifecycle
- Ability to accurately interpret Threat Intelligence to form realistic simulated attack scenarios
- Working knowledge of Cyber Defence and threat hunting
- Familiarity with the kill chain concept and its application
- Broad knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber techniques
- Hands-on experience with network mapping, target enumeration, exploitation, access escalation, and data exfiltration techniques
- Good knowledge of security administration processes and tooling
- Awareness and practical experience of scripting languages that may be required in automating and enabling the process of real word testing on common Windows and Unix based platforms
- Ability to develop and deliver social engineering scenarios
- Ability to deliver technical assessments both with and without commercial tools
- Experience engaging with all levels of management and communicating complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences and technical competences
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.