You will be a Senior Manager within the Security Operations practice of the Financial Services Cyber team helping both grow our business and also ensure our teams are able to deliver high quality advice to clients.
The world of financial services is changing with our clients increasingly looking to new digital channels and innovative service delivery models for growth. This shift brings both opportunity, but also new and developing cyber threats.
You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements helping our clients understand how to design, implement and operate effective and efficient security monitoring and security operations functions. As a technical Security Operations Senior Manager you will be advising clients on the definition, delivery and execution of advanced Security Operations strategies, aligned with their security governance and risk management objectives.
Our clients are under regulatory scrutiny, but are also continually battling to match a rapidly changing cyber threat landscape while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services. As a Senior Manager in our team, we expect you to understand the world of our clients, and their security operations challenges, and to be able to translate complex cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon free advice to our clients; while making sure we can deliver the support they require.
If you are able to help our clients seize the opportunity offered by the digital world, and do so in secure way, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
You will be working as a Senior Manager in KPMG’s expanding Security Operations consulting practice managing and contributing your subject-matter expertise to challenging, complex client engagements to ensure delivery and quality and value by:
• Understanding our clients’ business challenges and the threats they face
• Helping in solving some of the key challenges faced by security operations leaders.
• The work would involve advising our clients on Security Operations Centre (SOC) Sourcing, MSSP evaluation, Strategy, Design, Assessments, and Optimisation.
• You will be working in a dynamic environment and engage with leading companies around the world, helping them optimise their approach to digital and technical cyber security controls and risk management
• Managing and delivering medium-/large-sized engagements
• Assisting with sales and business development activities
• Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
Experience and Skills
Specific to the role, we expect that you will have:
• Hands on experience in a senior role in a Security Operations Centre or, alternatively, consulting or advisory experience in Security Operations.
• Operational level experience in some of these domains: security engineering, alert triaging, rule writing, incident response, DFIR, threat intelligence and management, vulnerability management, and security control testing
• In-depth knowledge of at least one SIEM platform or security data lake and related processes
• Knowledge of a variety of related security technologies (e.g. SOAR, UEBA, etc.) and tools, their functionality and comparisons
• Knowledge of security operations across hosting environment (including Cloud)
• Track record within the financial services community showing understanding of the business, threat and regulatory issues faced by clients
More generally, we expect that you will have:
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate technical solutions
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts in business terms
• Previous experience in cyber project management
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others
• Proven ability to produce thought leadership material and engage as a subject matter expert with senior audiences and security professional communities
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• Ability to interact with organisations at senior levels
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree level qualified
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GIAC, M. Inst IISP, etc.), or comparable experience
• One or more SecOps related certifications, including security vendor certifications
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.