Security Operations and Incident Response Manager
Hays are currently working in partnership with a Law Firm who have a fantastic opportunity for a Security Operations and Incident Response Manager to join their Information Security team.
Hybrid working patterns with occasional visits to the Birmingham based office.
The successful candidate will act as the “eyes and ears” of the Information Security team, focussing on ensuring cyber threats are responded to effectively and efficiently and conducting internal cyber and Data Loss prevention investigations.
- Lead the Security Operations and Incident Response Team (SIRT)
- Maintain and improve security incident response procedures and playbooks
- Support the business in evaluating and improving security technology changes
- Manage the Information Security Management/ Response procedure, run periodic tests and recommend improvements
- Significant experience of working in Incident Response & Security Operations teams
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc
- Knowledge of various IT services, components and technologies including Windows, Firewalls, Endpoint security provisions, IDS/IPS, email principles and security enhancements, Web Proxy, SIEM etc
- Ability to interpret system / device logs and events, identify patterns of behaviour and indicators of compromise (IOC’s)
- Familiarity with MS Azure / O365 security toolsets
What you get in return:
- Agile working
- 25 days’ annual leave entitlement
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities
- Contributory pension of up to 5%
- Private healthcare
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.