BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants, with Operational Technology experience, to join our growing, vibrant community of security professionals based on client sites across the UK, including London, Leeds, and Bristol. You will work at the core of our customers’ mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Our customers span across all sectors; from those of critical national importance to greenfield start-ups, offering a variety of exciting challenges and environments to work in. We pride ourselves in our people being smart. We make a difference by embracing challenges, using the best technology we create sophisticated solutions that our customers trust.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across the spectrum of strategic advisory through to secure solution design.
We are looking for candidates with a background in Operational Technology, SCADA and Industrial Control System domains, to assist our clients and engineering teams in securing their business and mission critical operational systems.
We are looking for candidates with a range of experience levels, with the opportunity to learn and develop in the role working closely with our experienced team, with clear pathways defined for your career progression in the organisation.
Working on client sites you will support and grow to lead engagements that deliver cyber risk assessments, improve control maturity, define secure solutions and ensure compliance. You will deliver these engagements across clients in financial services, transport, energy, telecommunications, health, legal, defence and central Government. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of small to medium cyber security work-streams or engagements
- Performing operational impact analysis workshops and determining SCADA, PLC and DCS architectures and associated industrial communications protocols
- Understanding business and information risk context of our customers and judging risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls and proposing proportionate security improvements; and evaluating designs, identifying functional and non-functional requirements
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Working and collaborating with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- A passion for and understanding of cyber security trends and threats
- Experience in a consulting environment along with technical experience within an engineering, industrial or operational environment
- Knowledge of operational technology, SCADA, Industrial Control Systems and associated network architectures; along with related cyber security and technical standards such as IEC62443
- Effective business acumen and an understanding of the cyber security challenges faced by organisations
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
Desired Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant certification such as GICSP
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.