BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
To support the design, development, procurement and assurance of information system solutions to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability. This includes provision of expert advice on the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of relevant security controls as well as advising on the security processes through the project lifecycle.
Security Architecture Consultants are key to BAE Systems AI security architecture capability and possess industry-leading subject matter expertise.
Core Duties/Key Accountabilities
To drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures. In particular:
- To understand the business and information risk context, and propose architectures and countermeasures to mitigate risks from solutions
- To work closely with information risk advisors, accreditors, solution architects and system engineers to enable secure definition, delivery and configuration of ICT systems
- To provide strategic direction to investment in new technologies and in the delivery of secure services and solutions
- To provide thought leadership, support business development activities, perform deliver oversight and manage senior client engagements
Grade/Level Specific Accountabilities
- Security architecture contributor for secure systems integration projects
- Analyses existing and proposed technical architecture for security risk
- Advises on appropriate security controls to mitigate security architecture risks
- Provides expert technical advice to support the design and development secure architectures
- Applies secure architecture principles and practices to assure technical architectures
- Assures implementation of security controls to mitigate risks
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CIA would be highly desirable
- Experience working within Financial Services, ideally banking or insurance
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Cyber Security Architecture policies, standards principles, controls and frameworks
- Hands-on experience of architecting secure cloud solutions (AWS/Azure) as well as hybrid models
- Technical experience in IDAM technologies and architectural frameworks
- Micro-services architectures and RESTful APIs
- Network security architecture principles such as network zoning and segmentation would be beneficial
The ability to obtain security clearance (SC) is highly desirable but is not essential.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.