KPMG has been acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in the provision of cyber security consultancy. We are investing to building out our financial services cyber consulting team to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies in the world.
We help out clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime/fraud and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation.
You will be a Senior Manager/Security Architect within the Financial Services Cyber team helping both grow our business and also ensure our teams are able to deliver high quality advice to clients.
The world of financial services is changing with our clients increasingly looking to new digital channels and innovative service delivery models for growth. This shift brings both opportunity, but also new and developing cyber threats.
You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements helping our clients understand how to harness digital opportunities in a safe and secure manner. As a technical cyber security Senior Manager/Security Architect you will be advising clients, amongst others, on how to leverage securely a wide range of digital technologies including cloud, APIs, big data platforms and mobile; on assessing and developing their security architecture covering both infrastructure and containerised environments; on securely taking advantage of Agile, DevSecOps and continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines.
Our clients are under regulatory scrutiny, but are also continually battling to match a rapidly changing cyber threat landscape while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services. As a Senior Manager in our team, we expect you to understand the world of our clients, the complexities of modern technologies, and to be able to translate complex cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon free advice to our clients; while making sure we can deliver the support they require.
If you are able to help our clients seize the opportunity offered by the digital world, and do so in secure way, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Management and delivery of challenging, complex client engagements to ensure delivery, quality and value to our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
• Advising on digital and technical aspects of cyber security governance, frameworks and operating models
• Helping them optimise their approach to digital and technical cyber security controls and risk management
• Using Security Architecture in the definition of their security transformation
• Helping them create innovative security solutions
• Integrating security in Agile and throughout the system development life cycle
• Supporting them in the development of their security architecture and cloud capability
• Linking cyber security to other consultancy offerings on risk management, resilience and IT transformation to provide holistic support to our clients
• Managing and delivering medium-/large-sized engagements
• Assisting with sales and business development activities
• Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
Experience and Skills
Specific to the role, we expect that you will have:
• Proven experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: security architecture (enterprise, infrastructure or application security architecture), cloud security (technical design and assessments, cloud security frameworks and controls), DevSecOps, securing digital strategy and transformation (essential)
• Proven experience of delivering security in one or more of the following cloud service provider environments: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud (essential)
• Proven experience in managing the security aspects of technologies such as containers; APIs and microservices; big data platforms; automation and orchestration
• Track record within the financial services community showing understanding of the business, threat and regulatory issues faced by clients (essential)
More generally, we expect that you will have:
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate technical solutions
• Proven experience of successfully managing complex cyber security services in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high quality work on time and to budget
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others
• Proven ability to produce thought leadership material and engage as a subject matter expert with senior audiences and security professional communities
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• Ability to interact with organisations at senior levels
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree level qualified
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M. Inst IISP, etc.), or comparable experience
• Cloud security certifications
• Recognised architecture qualifications (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, etc.) (preferable)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.