BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes – often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces – some of the most skilled people in the world – enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
We are looking for Security Architect Consultants to join our growing team of practitioners working in cyber security and information risk based from our London or Guildford offices.
You will work across government, defence, financial services and critical national infrastructure environments (e.g. transport, telecommunications, utilities) at the core of our customers’ mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and identify pragmatic and cost effective risk management controls.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across security architecture, product selection and detailed design.
Working from client site the key role of a Security Architect Consultant is to drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures at both an enterprise level and solution or business problem level. In particular:
- To understand the business and information risk context of our customers, to identify and propose architectures and countermeasures to mitigate & manage risks from solutions
- To work closely and collaborate with information risk advisors, accreditors, solution architects and system engineers to enable the secure planning, delivery and configuration of ICT systems
- To provide strategic direction to investment in new technologies and in the delivery of secure services and solutions
- To provide security architecture support the design, delivery and assurance of security improvement and transformation programmes
- To provide thought leadership, support business development activities, perform delivery oversight and manage senior client engagements.
Skills and Experience
- Awareness of architectural frameworks and experience in applying security architecture principles to small or large integration projects
- A passion for understanding current trends and developments in information security as well as the knowledge and understanding of the business relevance of information risks
- Extensive subject matter knowledge in one or many security technologies – such as identity management, security operations, protective monitoring, encryption, cloud security, network security, application security etc.
- Experience of providing security architecture guidance to government and/or commercial organisations
- Ability to articulate security advice and interact directly with a broad cross selection of personnel, including key stakeholders, up to CIO or IT Directors level within clients
- Ability to liaise and connect with stakeholders in order to influence cost and risk based decisions;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and concurrently manage multiple businesses (both BAE and client), project expectations as well as different aspects of Cyber Security & Information Assurance.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Higher degree in cyber, information or computer/network security.
- Solution, System and Technical architecture skills
- Knowledge of leading hyperscale cloud platform security features and how to architect and configure secure solutions using public cloud
- Previous experience using one of SABSA, TOGAF, MODAF or Zachmann Architecture frameworks.
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, SANS GIAC, or similar qualifications
- Experience of effecting enterprise security change and improvement within large and complex organisations,
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division Overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.