Your new company
This is a large public-sector organisation which sits within the MoD and is based in Taunton.
Your new role
In this role you will:
- Lead in the development of CSOC playbooks and processes
- Advise and lead in the configuration of the clients on-premise and cloud security monitoring platforms
- Lead the security event monitoring activities, monitor ongoing operations and actively hunt for and detect cyber adversaries
- Lead incident responses – investigate, contain and remediate cyber security incidents.
- Produce detailed incident reports and technical briefs for management and external stakeholders as required
- Produce compliance reports and monitor systems for compliance to applicable regulations, standards etc.
This role is inside IR35.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will need to hold current and valid SC Clearance for this role. You will also need:
- Significant experience working in a SOC environment in a lead analyst role
- Significant experience in cyber security event and incident detection, triage, response and resolution
- Detailed working knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain and incident response phases
- Strong understanding and experience of SIEM tools and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools
- Experience of technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies, Web Applications, Cloud, Penetration Testing
- Significant experience of providing detailed security advice and technical security solutions in a UK Government Department.
What you’ll get in return
An exciting opportunity to join a global organisation which supports flexible working. Furthermore, a competitive day rate for this role will be offered in addition to your own dedicated Hays Consultant to guide you through every step of the application process.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.