BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Start Date: Various
What we are made of:
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK National Security sector.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge and our breadth across a variety of projects will enable you to do this.
What you could be doing for us:
- Working closely and diligently with Product Owners and other stakeholders to better understand their requirements or user stories;
- Ensuring the Product Owner defines and maintains the Product Backlog using the I.N.V.E.S.T model;
- Removing impediments so the developers can focus on the work at hand; or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Acting as a buffer between the team and process overhead, so each team member can focus on shipping working software/products;
- Gathering and processing team metrics and KPI’s to support continuous improvement;
- Finding opportunities to celebrate wins – find small wins in projects and communicate them to the wider business – be a champion for your team, build confidence in your team;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving;
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Reading blogs and news articles on best practices. Learn from them. Do or don’t do what they’re doing;
- Be more than a 2-day certificate Scrum Master. Grow your craft, attend conferences and local meet-ups, and participate in the businesses wider Agile and Scrum communities. Take the initiative.
What background are we looking for?
- Have experience in offering hands-on advice and coaching to at least one Scrum team which you are not directly responsible for;
- Have lead and coached a department or small business-unit in Scrum adoption and implementation;
- Facilitated the wider Agile/Scrum community within your organisation;
- Understand Agile scaling frameworks such as LeSS, SAFe and Nexus;
- Have confidence in interacting with senior stakeholders and mentoring different Scrum/Agile techniques
- This role can range from junior to mid-level so we are happy to take people from different career levels
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing to Sustainability in the workplace.
If this sounds like you, it’s time to get in touch.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.