Your new company
It has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here. We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential. So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours?
Your new role
The SBC and SIP Specialist Network Designer is an essential role responsible for the design of our core voice platform SBC components, enabling rapid deployment underpinning new customers and revenues. SIP expertise will be used to specify interfaces for new products and diagnose complex signalling faults in live service that require deep design knowledge. These functions help protect revenues in excess of Â£500 M.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Design leadership for SBCâ€™s across our strategic core voice platforms, including SDIN, SIP-Trunking, IP Comms, Cloud Contact Genesys.
- Design leadership for SIP signalling across our strategic core voice platforms, applying deep subject matter knowledge to write specifications and resolve issues to the satisfaction of customers and industry.
- Co-ordination with all Customer, Test, OSS, Security and Operational team stakeholders
- Lead the technical interface to the suppliers, ensuring that all developments are delivered to the expected scope, cost and quality.
- Lead feasibility studies, functional and non-functional designs. Responsible for production of high and low-level design documentation as appropriate including initial settings – prior to test entry quality gate as defined in the delivery plan
- Take technical lead in resolution of any significant in-life service affecting issues
- Lead the ongoing definition of the SBC platform roadmap, ensuring engagement with all stakeholders in Technology and Product Line.
- Managing peer reviews and providing sign off authority on designs associated with network components within network platforms and/or customer solutions
- Mentor and share knowledge with others, offer expert advice and recommendations in your areas of subject expertise and be an advanced user of design tools.
- Provide technical expertise to inform contract and commercial management. Provide input to business cases and proposals for ways to avoid costs.
What you’ll need to succeed
The SBC and SIP Specialist Network Designer will possess a thorough knowledge of the voice networks, SIP signalling standards and technologies that make up voice platforms, mobile networks and large carrier networks. They will also have a good understanding of associated standards and industry initiatives that relate to the existing service and its evolution. Other specifics for the role include good knowledge of:
- Oracle SBCs
- Metaswitch SBCs
- Ribbon SBCs
- SIP protocol and associated RFCs and national standards
- Application of SIP in real world use cases, issues that can arise, and how to resolve these
- Stakeholder and Vendor Management â€” Ability to engage with Stakeholders and Vendors at an appropriate level to ensure necessary business results can be attained.
- Problem solving â€” Proven ability to solve complex problems in a controlled and systematic manner, analysing the available data to make the correct business decisions taking responsible risks when appropriate.
- Coaching and Mentoring â€” Experience of coaching and mentoring others for peak performance
- Financial Management â€” Understands overall cost to business for decisions made, has a good working knowledge of different types of budgets and inputs to business cases
- Process improvement / Management â€” Works across teams to identify changes to processes and procedures to enable faster delivery or better business outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to bring teams together across BT to look at business issues ranging from feasibility through to issues affecting live service.
Experience you would be expected to have:
- 3 years + experience of complex core voice network design, covering SBCs, Routing and the services running over the core network – MANDATORY
- Thorough knowledge of SIP signalling protocol â€” MANDATORY
- Test domain expert with broad experience of test design for SIP services – MANDATORY
- Proven record of delivering projects to time, cost, quality requirements â€” MANDATORY
- Good knowledge of:
- Oracle SBCs -MANDATORY
- Metaswitch SBCs – MANDATORY
- Ribbon SBCs – MANDATORY
- Application of SIP in real-world use cases, issues that can arise, and how to resolve these â€” Mandatory
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – MANDATORY
What you’ll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted products
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.