Role: SAP/BW Data Warehouse Analyst
Location: Harlow or Glenrothes. Remote/Hybrid working available with the expectation to travel to site when requested.
Travel: Occasional travel to Glenrothes
Function: Digital Technology
Reports to: BI Service Owner
Summary of Role
The Raytheon UK Digital Technology Function provides a specialist dedicated Data Warehouse support and development solutions to critical business services including Manufacturing Execution, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Reporting. The SAP/BW Data Warehouse Analyst ensures performance, availability, continuity, and cost are managed in line with defined service levels.
Raytheon UK, as part of Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) and has a wide portfolio of both leading edge and legacy digital technology across all business units.
- Detailed knowledge of data warehousing and data management, database design and troubleshooting of performance issues.
- Delivering support, maintenance and development for data warehouse and reporting systems utilised within Raytheon UK.
- Ability to administer process chains and resolve data loading issues
- Support ad-hoc end-user requests, such as general BEx questions, and investigating perceived data anomalies or unexpected query result
- Perform regular monitoring of BW batch activity as part of wider service status and alerting framework
- Engage with cross-functional contacts as necessary in support of data warehouse needs of Raytheon Technologies, for existing services, and towards design, implementation, transition & support of future service needs.
- Travel to site as required to support business activity
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP NetWeaver
- BW Dataflows (3.x & 7.x)
- SAP Business Explorer Toolset (including Query Designer and Web Analyser)
- Experience with BEx query designer, Analyzer and Web Application Designer.
- Recognised technical qualifications to support their level of experience and to substantiate their level of knowledge
- UK Security Clearance will be required or must be acquired for the role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong customer service focus
- Knowledge of ABAP for BW: Start & End routines, Variable exits
- Understanding of data extractors in ECC system
- Defence industry or associated highly regulated industry background.
- Experience of providing high demand / mission critical systems
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.