Sales Manager (ATMS & Power)
Harlow – Hybrid working offered
Summary of the Role
Responsible for the development and performance of Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Power solutions sales activities. Provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area.
Responsible for supporting existing customers and targeting new commercial, defence and government business. The role will include identifying and engaging viable Customers in order to promote the Global Sensors ATMS & Power capabilities.
The role holder will be expected to generate their own leads and present the ATMS and Power capability/ products at a senior management level within target organisations. This role will require a highly motivated individual with a hunger to achieve. The role shall dedicate the majority of its time to the ATMS business area.
- Developing a strategy/plan for the ATMS & Power markets that achieves / exceeds company sales goals and profitability
- Prepare and initiate action plans for the effective search for new sales leads and opportunities with the objective of expanding the customer base into new customers/regions
- Develop strong relationships with existing customers and develop new routes-to-market, when required, in new territories
- Build, manage and qualify a sales pipeline through the company opportunity management system
- Maintain close and regular contact with all potential customers to ensure early knowledge of pending opportunities
- Undertake presentations and provide demonstrations with customers for the businesses ATMS range of products
- Responsible for specifying advertising, PR and exhibitions requirements, and to support other exhibitions as required
- Preparation of forecasts, departmental reports and presentations for the ATMS / Global Sensors leadership team
- Work with ATMS bid teams to prepare proposals and quotations, including the timely follow-up with customers
- Liaisons with the ATMS/ Power / Global sensors delivery teams to develop a detailed understanding of the delivery status of live contracts
- Contribute and provide market intelligence to the Raytheon UK Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales management with experience of government and defence sales
- Proven track record within a sales environment and driven to achieve / exceed annual operating plan targets
- A strong International Defence/Aerospace background with intimate understanding of customer procurement processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong customer rapport at all levels
- Team working – able to work effectively as part of a team whilst encouraging and fostering teamwork; open to others ideas and input
- Influencing – high level of interpersonal skills, demonstrable ability to present ideas and take people with them
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to undertake regular International Travel
- SC Cleared (and eligible and prepared to undergo DV Clearance)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or business management
- A strong Defence Electronics background
- Member of a relevant Sales, Engineering or Programme Management Professional Institution
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.