Bank of England
The Bank of England is the UK’s central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
As a directorate of the PRA, the Supervisory Risk Specialists (SRS) provides deep technical expertise and applies judgement in specific risk disciplines in order to identify, analyse and mitigate material risks to the safety and soundness of PRA regulated firms. SRS also supports the wider Bank through providing risk specialist expertise to a range of functions including policy development and implementation, the Bank’s concurrent stress tests and the supervision of central counterparties.
The Operational Risk & Resilience Division (ORRD) sits within Specialist Risk Supervision (SRS) and leads the work on the resilience of the sector to a range of non-financial risks (e.g. cyber, technology failure). The purpose of this work is to ensure that critical economic functions are delivered to the levels that the Bank expects. This is exciting work in an area with significant focus globally among central banks, regulators and government agencies.
This is an outstanding chance to take a specialist role in a unique team.
The post holder will provide a balance between technical and non-technical cyber resilience expertise. They will play a key role in designing and operationalizing the supervisory cyber strategy including the CBEST testing framework. The risk specialist will also provide expertise to support wider engagement across the sector and with financial authorities and government institutions as required.
- Experience of delivering reviews in operational/cyber resilience and cyber/information security.
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant cyber security standards, best practice, and guidelines (e.g. ISO27001, ISO22301, NIST) and regulation (e.g. PRA rulebook, EBA guidelines, NIS directive, CPMI-IOSCO, etc.)
- Experience working as part of a project or working across teams/areas to achieve positive outcomes.
- Excellent project management skills, both project planning and risk management with capable to keep control of complex projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills able to turn analysis into relevant output for the Bank.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to draft briefings for senior partners.
- Be a highly motivated and independent thinker, capable to challenge confidently in new environments.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.