About the role
We work with UK / global banks and consumer credit firms on a range of regulatory and business change programmes. We bring expertise in retail risk and regulation, and work with our clients to design and implement change to their operating models, governance, processes and controls. Most recently, our projects have included Authorisation activity, Governance (including SMCR), Brexit response, LIBOR transformation, Conduct remediation (eg affordability and recoveries/collections) and improving Non-Financial risk management arrangements and controls / outcomes testing.
Our teams are self-starting, agile and thrive on new and diverse challenges. We work across Business, Risk Management (including Compliance), Operations and Finance supporting critical business change initiatives and remediation programmes. Where required we operate globally in conjunction with the international PwC network to deliver large scale change.
You will work across a range of projects to build a broad range of expertise and be passionate about delivering value and insights to your clients. As you progress, youâ€™ll build your client relationship network and thrive on taking on new challenges in unfamiliar situations.
- Perform advisory engagements over a diverse range of subject matters such as governance, non- financial risk, regulatory interpretation and compliance, operational risk
- Plan compliance review activities to undertake monitoring over areas of key regulation
- Assist in the delivery of business change and conduct risk transformation projects, reporting progress to Senior Managers and above
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges; help firms rethink their approach to risk and control, and partner with our clients to deliver robust and sustainable change
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients and help identify opportunities to broaden relationships with new and existing clients
- Awareness of the impact of regulation on firmsâ€™ business models and the changes required to improve the customer journey
- Insights on the role of digital, including associated opportunities and challenges, aimed at optimising operational arrangements
- A working understanding of FCA principles (PRIN) and rules (such as COBS, MCOB, PROD, CONC, SYSC, DISP, SMCR etc)
- An appreciation of the UK regulatory regime including concepts underpinning Permissions, Governance, Conduct Risk
- Experience working within financial services risk and control projects either from a consulting, banking or regulatory perspective (including for example compliance monitoring and testing, conduct remediation, process and controls improvement etc)
- Commercial awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good attention to detail, and presentations skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- An agility to effectively participate in varied projects within capital markets
- The ability to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Relevant qualification is ideal but not essential e.g. ACA CFA
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.