Remote Microsoft Sentinel Consultant (SC)
Your new company
A leading IT service provider has a job requirement for a Security Cleared Microsoft Sentinel Consultant to join them and their aviation-related client.
Our client is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services who implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of vendors to manage their technology infrastructure on their client’s behalf.
Your new role
This role requires active Security Clearance. Any candidates that are not Security Cleared will unfortunately not be able to progress with this role.
This contract is for an initial 6 months.
The rate is £450 per day (INSIDE IR35).
The role will be done fully-remote. On-boarding may have to be completed in their Blackfriars office.
Key responsibility – the configuration (including log collection, use of host based agents and enablement of automated response) of CAA’s monitored infrastructure in order to support detection of and response to cyber security incidents. Details include:
- Engage with project teams to identify required configurations to support detection of and response to cyber security incidents
- Implement required configurations in a prototype environment, supporting proof of concept of detection and response scenarios. This will involve creation of new configurations and, as well as amendment of existing configuration.
- Maintain configuration records for successfully prototyped scenarios in Git
- Replicate configuration from successfully prototyped scenarios into the test environment
- Test the impacts of configuration changes on the performance and resource utilisation of monitored infrastructure
- Input log collection configuration information into CAAs change approval process and representing D&R perspectives within Change Advisory Board meetings where requested
- Deploy log collection configuration to CAA’s production environment, using existing configuration management processes and tools including Terraform, Powershell and Group Policy
- Document log collection configuration within Operations Handbooks and Logging Standard
- Handover the working approach to the above processes to a Business As Usual function on project completion
Key responsibility (desirable not essential) – manage provision of prototyping and test environments in order to support prototyping and testing of detection and response:
- Establish an MS Sentinel/Log Analytics Instance, replicating the production instance, and administer its use by the managed security service provider
- Manage any connectivity between Sentinel/Log Analytics instances, using Microsoft Lighthouse
- Establish reference instances of monitored infrastructure on demand
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.