Job Title: Quality Engineer Industrial Placement
Time Commitment: 37 hours a week
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: 4th July 2022
Vacancy Type: Student – Sandwich/Industrial Work Placement
Salary: £20,000 per annum
We are looking for a talented individual to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Industrial Placement Scheme. You will work in our Quality department, starting in July 2022.
You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to fully participate in the business. The Quality function is a site based team who work closely with all areas of the business including our customers and suppliers to ensure safe, compliant product is delivered by our facility to our world-wide customer base.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions affecting product excellence. We are proud of our long standing tradition of developing talent, and invest great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across our diverse workforce.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Leading a quality improvement project. This could be a project to reduce scrap and rework costs; tackle a problem in the field; or develop a business process.
- Work with our programme based quality team to support the customer with quality related issues.
- Engage with our world-wide supply base in a supplier quality role to drive root cause and corrective actions improving the quality of incoming product.
- Learn and apply principles of ZDP™ (Zero Defect Plan) to both customer and supplied product to help drive best in-class quality performance.
- Coordinate reporting metrics for quality performance and use the data to identify opportunities for improvement.
Undergraduate studying Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace).
You will be able to demonstrate
- Strong technical knowledge which can be applied to Aerospace Mechanical Systems and Manufacturing
- Self-Motivated individual
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player
- A can do, find a way, attitude
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadline
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
- Must display initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically the use of Microsoft Excel to filter, clean, identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in data
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Quality Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success! Good Luck!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.