Quality Assurance Editor
Location – Portsmouth
NB – Start date Oct 21 with interviews beginning mid June onwards
The Quality Assurance Editor is responsible for the Quality Assurance Reviews and Editing of learning and training materials and courseware to support further content development as part of an integrated Course Modernisation Design and Development team in the Portsmouth office. The courseware will be produced for training support services into the Royal Navy.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure that the integrity and consistency of all deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Proofread, rewrite, and edit content to improve readability and to correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all applicable style, writing standards, and terminology for the specific project.
- Apply style, writing standards, and terminology to all training content and correct errors to maintain consistency.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics using standard reference sources.
- Work closely with Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts to convey understanding of project-specific style and writing standards.
- Interface daily with Instructional Designer(s), Project Manager, Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert(s), as well as members of functional teams such as Graphic Artists and test lab personnel.
Demonstrated experience in editing/proofreading training materials and courseware with advanced levels of proficiency in the following:
- Editing and writing skills (use of language, grammar, spelling, organising content)
- Knowledge and demonstrated mastery of British English, including the meaning and spelling of words, the rules of composition, grammar and usage
- Knowledge of commonly used style guides and dictionaries, including Oxford Manual of Style and the Oxford English Dictionary; knowledge of application of style to content
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule, cost and quality controls
- Proficiency using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Limited travel to support development and validation of course materials
- Valid driving licensce required
- Working knowledge and understanding of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) course design requirements
- Experience in using the latest development tools, such Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline 360, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts practices and procedures within Instructional Systems Design
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals across multiple functions to ensure project requirements are met
- Ability to work with virtual team members
- Demonstrated qualification in editing and proofreading
- University degree programs such as Journalism, Communications, English, or related area
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.