Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
A vacancy has arisen for a Qualification Discipline Manager to join the team. The successful candidate can be located in Plymouth or Bristol.
- Discipline Managers form an active part of the engineering team delivering both Line Management and support to development project activities; with the split being 25/75.
Line management responsibilities
- Develop the functions capacity to meet current and future project demands of the business for the team
- Allocation of team individuals to development projects in conjunction with the Development Programme Manager
- Management of the team member’s activities and coordination of the Qualification team’s activities ensuring that projects are delivered to schedule, cost and quality
- Identify and address recruitment needs and recruit as appropriate to achieve capacity & skill requirements
- Interface with Process Discipline Chiefs and in particular the Qualification Discipline Chief
- Develop individuals to enable career opportunities and deliver future needs including:
- Skills and training
- Training & development plans
- Performance Connections
- Pulse Survey action plans
- Autotime – booked hours / holiday management
Development project responsibilities
- Active team member of our development project from a Qualification perspective
- Technical Lead of Qualification process during Project lifecycle with responsibility to manage and execute qualification testing, analysis of test results and delivery of technical reports showing level of compliance
- System requirement analysis, generation of qualification documents (Qual Plan, Qual Procedure, Qual Report) and compliance tracking
- Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management in relation to qualification activities
- Support to customer Test Readiness Review both internal and external
- Support to Bids and Proposals, resourcing and technical compliance
- Support the development of existing and future testing capabilities within the qualification team
The role will require travel to both of the UK sites and may include travel to foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead and direct a team to deliver it responsibilities for the business
- Ability to manage a team of engineers spread across different working sites
- Ability to project manage the tasks and activities that the team is responsible for
- Ability to develop the careers of individuals within teams
- Experience working in an engineering role on product design and verification to military, aerospace and commercial standards.
- Experience of the new product introduction lifecycle with a particular focus on verification and qualification
Desirable Skills and Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Basic Mechanical / Electrical knowledge is required
- Competent in technical report writing and presentations
- Knowledge of analysis tools ( eg Matlab / Minitab)
- Project Management lead experience
- A team player and effective communicator
Applicants must ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline. In the absence of a degree, equivalent demonstrable knowledge and/or experience will be considered.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.