BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Junior Project Manager
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager who will help shape, mobilise, plan and lead projects for internal business and for external customer objectives. You will ensure appropriate capability is in place to maximise performance, delivering to the schedule, quality, scope, financials and client satisfaction, all in line with BAE Systems assurance processes (and appropriate external assurance processes).
The Telecoms Business Area within BAE Systems works closely with a number of major Tier 1 communication service providers globally providing solutions and services across cyber security, regulatory compliance and digital transformation. This role will augment a growing part of the business as new technologies such as 5G drive change and opportunity.
Key responsibilities include:
- This role will either manage one small project, (typically
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and peers (external and internal customers) and actively manages the customer’s expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shaping and planning of the project including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Pro-active management of project RAID, financials (including margin, forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency and revenue), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Close down of the project at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
Key skills & experience:
- Proficient in project management skills including personal organisation, communication, negotiation, risk management, and team leadership.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of projects.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for clients, and has day to day accountability for the service and solution being provided.
- Ability to work as part of a team, be a problem solver and able to analyse project metrics.
- Excellent stakeholder and communication skills.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.