Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Project Manager to join the team in Leighton-Buzzard.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants. This role is a hybrid role and can be part home work and in the office.
Nature of work:
- To support and contribute towards the success of the galley programme via the efficient and effective execution of various finite projects within the programme to meet the deadlines set. To act as the key focal point for both Airbus and internal functions on specific work packages. To work with the Airbus PMO to deliver weekly metrics and to ensure that resources within the galley team are carrying out the work necessary to meet project deliverables.
Level of work:
- Create and execute project plans, including revisions where necessary to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths
- Work with Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to ensure that the projects under your responsibility are resourced appropriately
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of each project
- Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise mitigation actions
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately
- Generate a strong focus on customer relationships whilst delivering internal objectives
- Ensure clear communication to and with all project stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Motivate those designated with tasks on the project to actively involve themselves in its success
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Support the Associate Director, Development Programmes in general programme tasks and activities on a day-to-day basis
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Oversee the implementation of communication practices that enable the effective exchange of information and ideas throughout the organization resulting in an involved and focused workforce
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience and Skills
Required experience and education:
• Educated to HND/Degree level in a technical discipline
• Experience of working within an integrated engineering/manufacturing environment to deliver projects
• Proven multi-tasking abilities with strong organisational skills and ability to work well with different types of people
• Experience of working with external customers
Preferred experience and education:
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio (optional), Primavera P6
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Able to work on initiative with a minimal level of supervision and intervention
• Willing to travel to support company objectives
• Excellent team working skills
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, the ability to buy holidays, a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.