We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Corporate Function Team, to manage/deliver on a variety of different interesting projects across different business areas.
As the Project Manager, you will be an agent of change with accountability for driving success over a full project or programme lifecycle. You will design plans and implement projects and programmes, either standalone or as part of a larger programme, or programmes according to scope, targets and objectives set for time of delivery, budget and quality.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Lead in the delivery and governance of projects/programmes which support and enhance business activities and IT architecture to agreed success factors and KPIs (time, cost, quality, scope, risk and budget). Evaluate and monitor these KPIs throughout the project lifecycle
- Scope and shape projects/programmes, leading to defining an appropriate delivery approach for each. The Project Manager remains outcome-focussed throughout the full delivery lifecycle
- Develop and maintain a clear stakeholder map highlighting different stakeholder needs and interaction preferences
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholder vital to the success of the project or programme
- Establish clear communication mechanisms to promote project/programme vision, direction, priorities as well as manage diverse stakeholders’ expectations incl. sponsor, business representatives, suppliers
- Provide ongoing challenge to the IT delivery approach, improving all core aspects of the approach
- Continuously improve project management toolkit and methodologies used across Aviva IT
- Identify, own and manage the specific key risks and/or IT controls and BP standards that you are identified as the owner and/or nominee for, ensuring that issues and actions associated to controls/risks are remediated in a timely manner
- Vendor management: ranges from no vendor management responsibilities through to management of multivendor teams across project or programme activities
- Project complexity and scale: ranges from small, low complexity projects with limited dependencies and cross-functional impact through to large, high complexity projects or programmes that have multi-functional impact and a wide range of key dependencies on other programmes and projects
- Team leadership: ranges from small internal teams to large, matrix, internal and external teams
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Detailed business knowledge (processes and products)
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of Business/Customer needs and drivers for change
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management experience as well political awareness
- Strong and effective coaching and influencing skills to drive the necessary changes
- Understanding of IT and business strategy
- Willingness to try new ways of working and solutions (fail fast)
- Track record of IT and business project delivery either within Aviva or other organisations professional level of accreditation preferred (e.g. Prince 2)
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership
- Experience of Finance processes is desirable
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £31,550 – £59,050 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria‘ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.