Programme Manager – Dreadnought – Training Transformation Services
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic, driven, inspirational and highly experienced Senior Programme Manager to lead the successful capture and then delivery of a strategically important and highly complex training contract for the Royal Navy Submarine Service.
As the Programme Manager for Raytheon UK in a prime role, leading other Tier 1 and Tier 2 partners, you will utilise Raytheon and partners’ national and international capabilities in systems integration, training technology, innovation, business transformation, competitive procurement and continuous improvement to capture the opportunity and deliver this mission critical training programme.
Reporting to the Head of Training Transformation Services Mission Area, the Programme Manager will work collaboratively with our industry partners to first capture, then deliver a training system solution for this UK strategic submarine capability. This will require drawing on your own extensive senior delivery and leadership experience, ideally in a highly complex training or systems integration role, while fully utilising the latest training technologies, transformational techniques and innovation available across the wider Raytheon businesses, nationally and internationally.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Take a leading role in the combined Raytheon UK and partners’ capture team, through the bid and negotiation phase to contract win and into delivery.
- Lead, manage and successfully deliver all contractual requirements within agreed budgets and to performance standards.
- Provide direction to cross-functional programme teams and IPTs engaged in programme planning and execution.
- Promote Programme Management Excellence (PMX) best practice and lead by example to instil flawless programme execution behaviours and processes
- Conduct a regular tempo of downwards and upwards governance engagements with live and emerging projects and programmes across the product line.
- Lead business development and capture activities for the product line to achieve the AOP and 5YP.
- Provide direction to functional organisations for the provision, maintenance, safety, security, certification and approvals of product line facilities and infrastructure and act as accountable manager were required.
- Develop, coach and mentor product line staff across all functions.
- Develop collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders within the Customer, strategic Partners, an ecosystem of Suppliers and across Raytheon to develop a shared vision, meet commitments and further the interests of the Product Line.
- Act as a member of the Mission Area senior leadership team.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Programme Execution and Growth within the product line.
- Actively contribute to the development of Knowledge and Skills across the Raytheon UK PMX function.
- Work with our commercial partners to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term strategic positioning for future opportunities.
- Successful track record in delivering complex and multifaceted programmes, preferably for a prime contractor, to deliver highly successful, complex systems integration outcomes.
- Experienced in working within partnering environments in a prime contractor role, alongside the customer and other contract delivery contractors.
- Experienced in leading large multi-disciplined teams over geographically dispersed sites.
- Experienced in programmes involving highly complex and specialised simulation / emulation integration in the context of delivering new and innovative training capability.
- Track record of delivering business transformation through innovation, continuous improvement and the introduction of new technologies and methodologies.
- Strong commercial, financial and performance management skills commensurate with delivery of large complex projects.
- Highly experienced user of industry standard project management tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Underwater domain experience will be advantageous.
- Current holder of, or eligibility to obtain, SC MOD security clearance.
- Due to the security classification of this programme, must be UK national (not a dual national) and resident in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.