Programme Engineering Manager (Training Transformation Solutions – Selborne)
Location(s): Flexible – UK-wide
Summary of Role:
Training Transformation Solutions (TTS) is a strategic business for Raytheon UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Engineering Manager (PEM) who reports to our TTS Engineering Lead, to provide the functional governance, management and support to the Delivery Team: Training Design, Media and Equipment, primarily for the Selborne programme. The role will also provide Engineering functional support to the TTS business.
Raytheon Technologies has significant relevant experience in delivering global learning and training services to industry and defence customers. Raytheon UK is an established supplier within the Selborne contract, as part of the Fisher consortia, delivering training to the Royal Navy in a multi-year contract.
The PEM (Selborne) plays a key role in collaboratively working with the Engineering functional delivery team, cross-functionally across Raytheon UK (Programme Management, Commercial, HR, Finance, etc.) and members of the Fisher Training Consortium, in delivering optimal training solutions and services to the end Customer, at the right cost, quality and schedule. The role requires an individual who can develop the right measures and metrics to monitor and control performance and drive continuous improvement through strong trend analyses.
This role will also provide a level of support for bids and internal-funded developments of Training capabilities and technologies.
This role requires travel on a regular basis across multiple sites (primarily South East and South West of England), with home working when not onsite.
- Provide governance and progress reporting of the Engineering deliverables for the Selborne programme, which includes weekly and monthly reporting to the Programme Team and Engineering functional team.
- Participate as a key member of the Selborne Programme’s Leadership Team.
- Assist in the development of programme Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and internal performance indicators (PI’s) to demonstrate intuitive progress reporting and trends.
- Programme adherence to the Engineering resource plan, costs and schedule for the programme deliverables, utilising Earned Value techniques where applicable. Variance and root cause analysis reporting.
- Provide support to the Training Leads (Training Media & Design / Training Equipment). Build strong, lasting relationships with individuals within their teams, developing trend analyses to drive continuous improvements such as:
- Improvements to recruitment of staff and headcount forecasting
- Workload planning to match demand of resource to supply
- Delivery of Course Design
- Delivery of Training Equipment
- Risk management for all Engineering deliverables, including effective mitigations and monitoring to reduction of risk to closure.
- Ensure all documentation and deliverables are managed via a Configuration Management / Data Management plan that meets the programme needs.
- Support agreed contractual Customer deliverables by contributing and in some cases leading the creation of these deliverables to the customer and Fisher consortia.
- Development of customer change requests, co-ordinating resources and collating responses, following the Company’s corporate governance policies, processes and procedures, including Gate Reviews
- Operate across the Selborne programme in a collaborative manner.
- Support TTS bid activities, providing Engineering programme support such as Basis of Estimates (BoE’s), Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Solution Proposals.
- Support advanced development activities under the internal-funded Seed programmes.
- Demonstrable experience in programme / project management.
- Proven expertise in managing complex programmes, meeting deliverables, utilising a flexible, innovative and collaborative approach to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial and schedule management and the impacts to programme.
- A quick learner who can disseminate large, complex concepts / information and act accordingly.
- Ability to write cogently and succinctly necessary to articulate clearly across a diverse stakeholder base.
- Develops long-lasting relationships across the programme that engenders trust, empowerment, collaboration and a high-performance team culture.
- Can operate on day-to-day issues, on their own or as part of a team, without losing sight of the long-term big picture view.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, internally and externally at all levels who can represent the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Resourceful and resilient in meeting commitments and actions, with a high degree of curiosity and drive in issue resolution to root cause.
- Existing experience and credibility with Royal Navy and industry counterparts within the Training environment.
- Experience of developing and deployment using Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant training.
- Knowledge of UK Defence individual and collective training, including recent experience working with military training customers and the MOD.
- Line management experience, including permanent and contractor resource, with good people skills to influence and performance manage.
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-company environment.
- Experience of working on joint Industry/Government project
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.