Job – Programme Engineering Manager (Global Sensors)
ID – 178614BR
Location – Harlow
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge, working as part of an experienced integrated programme team, in a customer focussed delivery Environment. Do you relish the opportunity to lead and develop a high performing, cross functional technical team, to drive continuous improvement to their technical delivery and innovation into our products? Are you comfortable in leading technical engagements with culturally diverse customers and leading an experienced Engineering team, to achieve technical excellence and profitable delivery?
We are currently looking for an Programme Engineering Manager to join our Air Traffic Management Systems Team for the delivery of class leading new and upgraded radar systems to a global base of customers
As the Engineering leader for one or more of our projects, your responsibilities would mainly include:
• Engineering leadership of a multi disciplined team of technical experts, responsible for the technical development and delivery of Raytheon’s industry leading and world class radar systems, products and services to commercial aviation customers around the Globe.
• Generation of the Engineering development plan and then execution against Raytheon’s standards and aligned to the overall Programme’s needs from early bid phase through to final delivery
• Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for the work to be performed, working collaboratively with the Programme Manager and rest of the Programme Team.
• External technical first point of contact and liaison for key internal and external customer organisations, including regular reporting of status using agreed methods and measures
• Close liaison with Design Authority to ensure technical integrity of programmes
• Management cost adherence to the programme budgets, using ‘earned value’ techniques.
Technical leadership experience, including but not limited to the following:
• Proven expertise in managing delivery of complex multi-disciplined development programmes, using discretion in tailoring effectively to meet challenging programme needs.
• Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
• Demonstrated competency for strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
• Extensive experience in systems engineering and guidance of multidiscipline, high-performance teams (cross-functional experience highly desirable).
• Demonstrated competency in relating efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team and ability to advise programme teams and stakeholders.
• Broad based technical background with experience in systems design and integration.
• Knowledge of software development and delivery methodologies
• Excellent communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
• Desirable – Experience within UK/US International defence industry or similar adjacent industry
Must be willing and eligible to hold SC security clearance and possibly obtain DV clearance if required
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
• Flexible Benefits scheme.
• Discretionary Bonus scheme.
• Enhanced family friendly policies.
• 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
• Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.