Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EHCollins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Programme Director to join the Military Value Stream.
This is a key leadership position where you will be an important member of the Military Value Stream (MVS) leadership team in the UK, based in Wolverhampton. You will have responsibility, accountability and authority for the profit and loss as well as the resources needed to deliver both new production and aftermarket programs to meet business requirements. The total programme portfolio sits at around circa £300m and your new role will be to manage the overall existing portfolio as well as converting new business wins to programmes which can be added into the wider portfolio.
This position reports to the General Manager for Military and there will be direct line management responsibilities where you will lead a high caliber team of 10 Programme Managers. We are ideally looking for an inspirational leader who has excellent Programme Management skills but most importantly is collaborative, motivating and has the experience to work within a complex matrix organisation.
There will be the need to travel globally as our customers are international military prime contractors predominately based across Europe and the US. Likely travel post Covid is about once a quarter. We are a flexible working employer so a hybrid model of working from Wolverhampton and also from home is realistic and due to the different time zones, a flexible working approach is really important to us!
This is an exciting and varied role where there are a plethora of opportunities to grow with the organisation, including career progression prospects into a future Value Stream Leader and subsequent General Manager position.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with each key customer to ensure program risks and opportunities are being delivered.
- Monitor strategic planning efforts, present progress reports and value-stream strategy.
- Recommend solutions for program problems, manage the P&L of programs and multiple vendors, and supports contract negotiation
- Champion of the Collins Management System to benefit from best practice as well as identifying areas for continuous improvement
- Leads governance reviews of each program to ensure flawless performance
- A key contributor to the strategy and Long Range financial Plan
- Create and maintain an environment that encourages and supports change while maintaining compliance and protecting the business
- Ensure contractual compliance with external agencies, customer requirements and supplier contracts, applying sound business principles within the Value Stream
- Support business development activity in line with delivering the Value Stream strategy
- Develop a culture of teamwork and accountability both within the Value Stream and with all the business interfaces, leading and motivating the team through the development and performance management of employees
- Identify and react to program problems and recommend solutions, such as allocation of resources, changing contractual specifications, and coordinating responses to customer action items
Experience and Skills
- A great background in Programme Management and leading a team of Project/ Programme Managers
- Previous experience with direct P&L responsibility
- Ability to manage multi-disciplined teams, including ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Committed to employee development with fantastic people skills
- Knowledge of Lean principles and applied practice, coupled with a desire to continuously improve operational performance
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and car benefit as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.