Programme Controls Manager
Location – Broughton, Chester
The Project Controls Manager manages the provision of programme controls and scheduling services for the Cyber, Space & Training (CST) Business Area by creating, developing and managing an effective team of project controllers and planners responsible for Project Planning and that supports Risk & Opportunity Management, Earned Value and budget control to enable delivery to cost, time, quality commitments on complex engineering, integration, support and training programmes.
The Project Controls team is also responsible for providing information and analysis for reporting, forecasting and decision making. The Manager provides robust and energetic Project Controls expertise to support the Business Area, Mission Areas, Product lines and individual Programmes, Programme Managers and Cost Account Managers.
The role sits on the functional Programme Controls Leadership Team and acts as an independent Reviewer for Gates, Estimates at Completion (EACs), Execution Readiness Assessments and Programme Independent Audits. The CST Business consists of four Mission Areas [National Security Cyber (NSC), Space and Airborne Services (SAS) Command, Control, Communication, Computers & Intelligence (C4I) and Training Transformation Services (TTS)], delivering secure software development & support services for MoD and Government Agencies; mission, system and equipment & support services; Training modernisation and delivery; development build and support of special mission aircraft; and space systems integration.
- Provide Line Management to Project Controls Staff across the business area by assigning priorities, validating results, providing guidance, managing professional development, undertaking goal setting and providing guidance to team members in line with best practice including on-boarding and upskilling of new staff.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and reporting on detailed, resource loaded Schedules within the CST business area supported by Quantifiable Back-up Data (QBD) to objectively estimate forecasts and measure performance.
- Oversee, in conjunction with Finance, Programme Managers (PMs) and Cost Account Managers (CAMs), the production of weekly &monthly reports in line with the programme and business reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Lead the Special Mission Aircraft Programme Planning team who will be responsible for developing and maintaining a Master Schedule for each aircraft input, monitoring and reporting progress and rescheduling / rephasing tasks as required, including provision of detailed job instructions & workcards to the hangar Operations team, on a rolling weekly basis, in line with the requirements of the Part M CAMO provided Work Order and the Master Schedule.
- Oversee a team responsible for ensuring that the technical / design data, parts and resources are in place to ensure the allocated work can be completed at the specified time. Progress against the plan shall be monitored and reported by the Planning Team in line with the detailed Master Schedule.
- Ensure adequate Programme Controls and scheduling capacity for the business area by recruiting skilled and effective Scheduling and Controls resources.
- Provide effective management and development of Scheduling and Controls staff to provide high quality Schedule and performance information to help key decisions and limit surprises.
- Act as the primary interface for Program Controls strategy and services by developing strong relationships with key stakeholders within the CST business area.
- Perform Schedule reviews in support of the ERA and Gate 5 process.
- Work with CST Business area Leaders regarding future business resourcing needs to be able to recruit, assign and prioritise workload amongst Controls Team to meet demands of the business and on some occasions at short notice.
- Act as a senior member of the PMX functional Programme Controls Leadership Team to lead and support functional initiatives.
- Undertake ad hoc duties and delegate as required for the Head of Scheduling/Controls.
- Expert knowledge of Ms Project and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working as a Subject Matter Expert in a Project Controls environment.
- Self-motivated and Process oriented
- Resilient – Able to operate effectively under stretching project constraints, pressure and displays sound judgment
- Proactive Team builder who can motivate and lead by example with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of best practice Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams Ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with Raytheon standard practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).
- Experience of working with complex programmes in software, Aircraft design and maintenance, systems integration and similar type programmes.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Risk & Opportunity Management Processes.
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
- Relevant professional qualifications
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.