Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Product Support Engineer to join the team in Wolverhampton.
The Product Support Engineer is required to/will:
- Provide technical support for all aspects of specific product line(s) assigned to them, working with:
- The Aftermarket Project Manager(s) and the Product Support IPT Lead to ensure that projects are properly managed to achieve project delivery in accordance with project plans.
- The Product Line Technical Authority and Engineering Specialists to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied with and that product strategies are in place to provide discriminating engineering support service.
- The Engineers in the Team to ensure that lessons learnt are addressed, captured, and passed on to the Original Equipment Engineering Teams. .
- Supply Chain / MRO Operations and Quality Departments to coordinate timely responses to any requests for technical support.
- Provide the Technical interface to Customers (Airlines / OEMs ISM Depts)
- Provide the Technical interface to MRO Operations to support deliveries and cost reduction.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external customers
- Interface with relevant NPI/PCE Engineering teams to drive ISM originated ECRs and to understand and manage the in-service impact of any planned product modifications.
- Drive / Monitor / Coordinate Technical Investigations
- Coordinate the release and update of relevant Technical Publications
- Support and create Repairs, Upgrades and Modifications (RUMS) schemes
- Work and ensure adherence to assigned Budget / Priorities/ Engineering Plans.
- Perform other tasks which are not included in this job specification but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.
Engineering Deliverables including:
- Repair Schemes / Modification and Upgrades for assigned product line(s)
- Maintenance and Technical Publications
- Technical Investigation Reports as required (including Safety Documentation when required)
- In-Service Reliability Data (including trend monitoring and analysis and PHM if deemed beneficial for product line)
- Delivery of Training Packages as required by Airlines / Internal Departments
- Support to Regular In Service Management Reviews
- A strong communicator able to interact with a variety of stakeholders within the organisation.
- Extensive Engineering experience in the Aerospace or Automotive Industry and in the Aftermarket Business, preferably within the Actuation product line.
- Highly motivated; able to “make things happen”.
- Broad intellectual capability with a good level of technical understanding, ability to effectively interface with a wide range of professionally qualified external / internal business disciplines.
- A determined, committed individual with a track record of taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- Structured and organised; good planning, reporting and communication skills –
- Able to assess risk quickly, recognise that action needs to be taken and to then ensure that action is taken.
- Although typically a chartered engineer with experience in a product line (or similar) is preferred, it is not essential.
- BEng (minimum) or MEng (preferred) in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. Collins Aerospace is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion because we believe that acknowledging and learning from people from many different backgrounds and interests creates an environment where everyone can be their best, ensuring that Collins can be its best. All welcome. All equal. All in.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.