BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without.
Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, working in our offices in Guildford and Great Baddow only when required.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.
What you will be doing (role duties and responsibilities)
You will design and support the implementation of secure architectures for a complex and exciting space system project, from satellite payload electronics and embedded software all the way up to the whole ground and space system architecture. You will work with highly skilled engineers, Information Assurance professionals and external stakeholders to identify risk and suitable mitigations, and apply a “security by design” approach to the product and system.
You will use your expertise to support the design, development, procurement and assurance of information system solutions to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability. This includes provision of expert advice on the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of relevant security controls as well as advising on the security processes through the project lifecycle.
You will drive beneficial security change into the product through the development of space system architectures. In particular:
- To understand the business and information risk context, and propose architectures and countermeasures to mitigate risks from solutions
- To work closely with information risk advisors, accreditors, solution architects and system engineers to enable to secure definition, delivery and configuration of ICT and/or embedded systems
- To provide strategic direction to investment in new technologies and in the delivery of secure services and solutions
- To provide thought leadership, support business development activities, perform delivery oversight and manage senior client engagements
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- 5+ years experience in Product Security / Cyber Security domain
- Highly motivated, methodological individual who can work well on own and as part of a team
- An in depth understanding of relevant security trends and threats
- A recognised Cyber Security Qualification (CISSP, CISM, CCP, and CEH) and/or ICT or Information System Qualifications (e.g. ITIL, CCNP)
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of cyber security activities within a defence, government, engineering or a transferable domain
- Understanding of cryptography, key management and distribution, high grade security devices and techniques
- Experience of presenting technical information and engaging with stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Space sector experience (not essential as long as you are keen to learn)
- Electronics background
- Membership of Professional Body (e.g. IET, ISC, BCS)
- Understanding of radio communication systems and concepts
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.