BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Defence and Space Business Unit in BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers mission focused solutions in cyber & electronic warfare, digital transformation and special communications to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber.
We are looking to hire a product owner to lead the development team on our Juno programme. Juno is a significant investment by BAE Systems in future capabilities based on exploiting autonomous vehicles. BMIS (Battle Management Information System) will provide mission planning, mission monitoring and situation awareness capabilities to enable user to deploy assets, including autonomous vehicles, to achieve military effect. BMIS is being developed to exploit various data processing technologies, including machine learning, natural language processing and AI planning, to automate tasks that currently have to be performed manually. We are employing the following technologies: React; graphQL; graph, NOSQL, and SQL databases; GIS; message brokers; service mesh, containers; NLP; machine learning; military messaging; etc.
The Product Owner needs to understand the vision of a product from the point of view of customer, end user or stakeholders. The Product Owner actively collaborates with the Scrum Master and development team and must be available to answer questions as soon as they arise, the main focus should be with customers and other stakeholders who may have an interest in the product.
What you will be doing:
- Practice business-value driven thinking; (as opposed to plan-driven)
- Obtain a suitable level of requirements from stakeholders or customers;
- Define the high-level features of a Product;
- Prioritise the high-level features of a Product;
- Adjust the features and priorities as needed after each sprint or iteration;
- Clearly communicate the business requirements to the development teams;
- Write User Stories, giving the ‘what & why’, and avoiding the ‘how’;
- Create and maintain the Product backlog;
- Sort and maintain the Product backlog items according to priority;
- Work directly with the development teams;
- Attend all meetings such as planning and review meetings;
- Accept or reject work results after each sprint or iteration.
- Develop a Product strategy and Product roadmap;
- Ensures the Product strategy and roadmap is clearly translated to all relevant stakeholders including customers, the business and development teams;
- Adjusts the Product Strategy and roadmap based upon feedback from stakeholders;
- Create financial forecasts for the Product.
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.